weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Very nice picture Jim full of detail and texture.

Thanks, there is some nice 'stuff' there

I love old stuff like this - a nice shot for sure Jim!

Thanks, it's the best of the bunch I took yesterday

Lovely image Jim nice detail and some lovely light

Thanks, the light wasn't too bad in the end, it's just a shame I didn't get the sunset that I thought would happen (there was lots of high level cloud forecast - they got it wrong!)

I really like that Jim, and the processing suits it 100%

I love that Jim, Great colours, industrial heritage, great composition and well controlled light.
it tells the story of the decline in shipping caused by other transport options.

Thanks Tim, I really appreciate the kind comments.

A lovely image. The warm golden colour is very pleasing and I like rusty metal and rotten woodwork texture. Good choice of wide-angle lens and angle of view. :clap:

Thanks Stan, much appreciated.

Two good images for Discarded, Jim. The fish bones are interesting but I agree with your choice of the blue plastic top; not only is it truly discarded but the waves balance the scene well. You caught a great wave too :)

Your Snapper's Choice image is so well composed and I love the tones and textures of the wood and rusty metal. The whole scene tells a story but you made the right choice getting in close to all that interest in the foreground.

Last edited:
Two good images for Discarded, Jim. The fish bones are interesting but I agree with your choice of the blue plastic top; not only is it truly discarded but the waves balance the scene well. You caught a great wave too :)

Your Snapper's Choice image is so well composed and I love the tones and textures of the wood and rusty metal. The whole scene tells a story but you made the right choice getting in close to all that interest in the foreground.

Thanks for the lovely comments Andrea, much appreciated. let's hope the rest of my images can be as successful

Nicely caught image with good colours. I wonder how it would be if panned to the left a little more - I find the pole leading my eye out of the shot slightly.

Nicely caught image with good colours. I wonder how it would be if panned to the left a little more - I find the pole leading my eye out of the shot slightly.
To the left is just a large bank of brambles and mess, I tried to cut as much of that out as possible.

Here's my entry for 'wild', some wild bracket fungi growing on a log in my garden. I prefer the mono version and i've processed it with some grain to make it a bit more 'interesting' (not sure if that's worked, but I like the effect) ...

The blue top in the pebbles with the brown murky waves does it for me Jim, although the fishbones are a nice touch as well.
The canal shot is spot on there, lovely tones in the wood, and it looks like you could have had a few images for the discarded theme from that place as well. Just out of curiosity where is it ???

The blue top in the pebbles with the brown murky waves does it for me Jim, although the fishbones are a nice touch as well.
The canal shot is spot on there, lovely tones in the wood, and it looks like you could have had a few images for the discarded theme from that place as well. Just out of curiosity where is it ???

The keepers cottage is on the Exeter Ship Canal at Topsham, Devon. It's all obviously disused now but that lock used to link the River Exe to the canal.

Thanks for the comments.

I like a nice bit of fungi Jim, but I also prefer the colour version.

I quite like the muted tones in the colour version. And I quite like it upside down!! Nicely spotted though. Sometimes a good image is just at our feet!

Whilst the textures and tones are lovely, I think this looks a little in mono. Colour for me to really shot that is a fungus - a nice calming shot, but still very much bang on theme.

Last edited:
Definitely wild works best in mono for me. Nice capture.
I like a nice bit of fungi Jim, but I also prefer the colour version.
The colour shot for me Jim. I like the greens and slight blue.
I quite like the muted tones in the colour version. And I quite like it upside down!! Nicely spotted though. Sometimes a good image is just at our feet!
Whilst the textures and tubes are lovely, I think this looks a little in mono. Colour for me to really shot that is a fungus - a nice calming shot, but still very much bang on theme.

Thanks for taking the time to comment everyone

Like the keepers cottage, nice crisp image with a very good composition and POV, must have a walk along there, my Fiance used to live at countess weir.

The Fungi image really works with the black and white processing, works very well for the wild theme.

Like the keepers cottage, nice crisp image with a very good composition and POV, must have a walk along there, my Fiance used to live at countess weir.

The Fungi image really works with the black and white processing, works very well for the wild theme.
Thanks,

It's a nice walk along there

there seems to be more texture in the mono but I like the colour version more

Hi Jim,

Stunning start to your 52. Such relaxing shot. Excellent :clap:
I like the idea for your pleasure. It fits the theme and the walkway draws my eye into the image.
Your shot for tool is a very nice image although it doesn't fit the theme to me as the boat is rather small.
Two good images for Discarded. The second one with the fishbones hits the spot for me. Very nice :)
Another lovely image for your snapper's choice. Lovely PoV and light.
Two good shots for wild too. Nice and close with plenty of detail. I think I prefer the mono image as it brings out the structure in the fungi.

Hi Jim,

Stunning start to your 52. Such relaxing shot. Excellent :clap:
I like the idea for your pleasure. It fits the theme and the walkway draws my eye into the image.
Your shot for tool is a very nice image although it doesn't fit the theme to me as the boat is rather small.
Two good images for Discarded. The second one with the fishbones hits the spot for me. Very nice :)
Another lovely image for your snapper's choice. Lovely PoV and light.
Two good shots for wild too. Nice and close with plenty of detail. I think I prefer the mono image as it brings out the structure in the fungi.

Thanks Lee, much appreciated.

Here's my take on this week's theme, Broken. I decided to process it looking a bit dull and dreary as that's what the weather is like and, if it gets to the stage that the car does get broken then that's how i'll feel, especially given the prices charged by Mercedes garages!!

Last edited:
Good to see a Haynes manual being used, like the composition and your "dreary" look!

A nicely arranged shot for broken :)

That brings back memories :D
Great idea for the theme Jim.

That brings back memories :D
Great idea for the theme Jim.

Thanks. It's much cheaper to do-it-yourself with a Mercedes (£90 per hour +VAT at a dealership!!)

Back