weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Nice vintage processing which matches the subject really well, as does the background.

Week 24 - Little. A Russian Matryoshka doll, with the little one at the front.

Very nearly did the same shot as have red ones, great Dof too.

haha, cheers. I've also tried to subdue the colours in the background dolls etc to try and make the small one pop a bit more.

Hidden
Really like the triptych and processing.

Small/little

Great use of dof and subtle colours.

Great DoF and processing, on the dolls Jim, it all works well.
And of course it all fits right in with the theme.

That's a fabulous shot, Jim. Nice setup and good dof. Like the idea to make just the small one stands out from the others.

Thanks Stan

This is great Jim. I love the strong colours on the front one and the more muted ones behind.

Hidden: Nicely processed. Really suits the subject.

Small: Well captured and processed. Bang on in fact!

Hidden: Nicely processed. Really suits the subject.

Small: Well captured and processed. Bang on in fact!

Thanks for the kind comments David, much appreciated.

Excellent use of the DoF and very well set up so you could get exactly what you wanted.
There is even sufficient reflection to ensure that they aren't 'floaty'.

Thanks Tim

Excellent shot for small really good use of lighting and DOF.

Week 25 - Snapper's Choice (Boatyard mono) ... ***** Now edited to make a better crop *****

Last edited:
Great pov, sky and tones. I obviously don't know what the colour version looks like, but this looks good in black and white.

Great pov, sky and tones. I obviously don't know what the colour version looks like, but this looks good in black and white.
Love that.

Thanks for the kind comments. It does look better in mono as it was just drab and grey last night ;)

As already said, nice gritty image, nicely processed, nice DoF to Jim.

but I'm thinking that most of the foreground below the rope is surplus to requirements ?

As already said, nice gritty image, nicely processed, nice DoF to Jim.

but I'm thinking that most of the foreground below the rope is surplus to requirements ?

You could be right, maybe a square crop would have done it more justice. The sky was pretty uniform above where i've taken it to so there wasn't much point in taking the shot higher.

Back