weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Week 29 - Personal Space.

The weather was glorious on my daily walk along the seafront this morning, it's lovely to have some personal space.

Last edited:
Really nice image. I love the different stripes of the sky, sea, cobbles and road - it gives it an almost abstract feeling. Good shot! Wish the weather was as glorious up here!

Really nice image. I love the different stripes of the sky, sea, cobbles and road - it gives it an almost abstract feeling. Good shot! Wish the weather was as glorious up here!

Thanks Joan, it was gorgeous this morning (apart from a really strong smell of smoke throughout the whole town due to a massive fire on a trading estate about 6 miles away!)

Lovely shot Jim.

A nice bright image Jim, it works really well (y)

Signs on the bench saying "2m separation"?
A very covid shot.

No, there aren't any signs on the bench.

Lovely minimalist shot and great idea for the theme. Was there rain on the horizon on the right?

Thank you, no rain at all but there had been a huge wood fire on an industrial estate about 6 miles away so there was a lot of smoke in the atmosphere (although they are proper clouds in the image).

That`s a great shot Jim, very nicely done and bang on theme.

Thanks Dave, I was actually looking for a bench with someone sitting on it to take the image, and completely forgot that I could do a 'selfie' on timer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I really like this. A nice minimal composition with great textures and colour.

I really like this. A nice minimal composition with great textures and colour.

Thanks Helen, i'm pleased with the result.

Nice idea for the theme. Looks like a nice location for some personal and private thoughts.

Cheers Stan

Good social distancing.
I like that you haven't taken the shot square on and that strip of cloud really makes the sky.

I like everything about this pic Jim and what a wonderful spot to sit and contemplate.

I like everything about this pic Jim and what a wonderful spot to sit and contemplate.

Thanks, it certainly is a lovely place to live!

This weeks theme reminded me of a poem, and it just happened that I was out yesterday on Dartmoor photographing the very subject of that poem, so here she is, that Graceful sounding waterfall (Vennford Falls) ... (the poem is under the image)

The Waterfall (Cascade)

I love the flowing waterfall,
With graceful sounds it roars,
And flows down the cliff.

Surrounded by ferns and palm trees,
Is its gushing water,
I love the flowing waterfall.

Such a beautiful waterfall,
It's mighty sound echoes through the mountains,
With graceful sounds it roars.

I love the sound of the waterfall,
As it's roar echoes through the mountains,
And flows down the cliff.

Marian (June 2103)

I do like a waterfall - and this is nicely done :)

I do like a waterfall - and this is nicely done :)

Thanks Dave. It's one of the Dartmoor 'honey pot' locations, my first visit yesterday.

Cracking scenic shot Jim, liking the milky waterfall.

Cheers Dave, my first time at that location. I may have a play with some Orton Effect with it, not sure though just yet.

Back