weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Love the leaf photo. The lighting and contrast is perfect resulting is a excellent resolution (if that's the correct word?)

Thanks Graham, much appreciated

Tiny
Really lovely light you've got there. Tiny is a relative thing, so your Oak leaf in a large space is tiny.

Week 35 - Snapper's Choice.

Here's a thatched cobb longhouse which I saw this week in Dunster, Somerset. I just like the look of it, it's a bit 'chocolate box' maybe.

That`s a beautiful image Jim, bet it`s lovely and peaceful there.

Thanks Dave, this is just off a little lane in Dunster, a lovely little village with a huge castle, and some really nice riverside and woodland walks.

Lovely scene, that looks really serene.

I like a chocolate box image. Nicely composed and very pretty.

Nice pic and yes - choccie box it is :)

Snappers choice
I like chocolate ;)
A nice bit of light and shadow. Who wouldn't like a quintessential English country cottage (well maybe young and trendy city dwellers).

Snappers choice
I like chocolate ;)
A nice bit of light and shadow. Who wouldn't like a quintessential English country cottage (well maybe young and trendy city dwellers).

Cheers Dominic ;)

Week 36 - Texture.

This wood carver is currently parked in his old fashioned gypsy caravan, not for from where we live. Plenty of texture in this image.

Yep that ticks the boxes.

That is an incredible piece of work.
It certainly ticks all the boxes Jim (y)

Nice capture Jim, I wish I had the ability to be able to think 3 dimensionally and be able to make things like that.
That is an incredible piece of work.
It certainly ticks all the boxes Jim (y)

Thanks both. He is an amazing carver, some of the pieces he has are absolutely stunning.

Your leaf shot is just stunning. Very very nice indeed.

Nice shot of your chainsaw wielding carver as well - as you say, plenty of textures!

Your leaf shot is just stunning. Very very nice indeed.

Thanks very much - nice to have an image labelled as 'stunning' - that's a rarity for me :)

Nice shot of your chainsaw wielding carver as well - as you say, plenty of textures!

He was very talented and also a really nice bloke to talk to.

Texture
Great health and safety shot, chainsaw and bare feet, what could go wrong?

Texture
Great health and safety shot, chainsaw and bare feet, what could go wrong?

It's OK, it was only a little chainsaw :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The delicate work that can be done with a chainsaw never ceases to amaze me. Nice shot.

Week 37 - Activity

Plenty of sporting activity going on at my local beach this afternoon

Last edited:
A nice pleasing image Jim (y)

A nice pleasing image Jim (y)

Cheers, it won't win any competitions, but it fits the theme and I quite like the composition.

Nice colourful image, Jim. I saw a couple of kite flyers too on my way back from my activity theme shoot but the beach was quite crowded.

Thanks Stan, yes it's difficult when the beah is busy. I think I got lucky with this one as the beach was busy but people were keeping away from these two.

Back