weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Nice picture of a fun looking activity. What a nice beach and a beautiful sky.

Thanks Clive - its Exmouth beach, in East Devon.

Week 38 - Artificial + tech Artificially Lit

My other passion in life is fly fishing and I tie my own flies, here is an artificial emerger fly pattern; extension tubes used to get close in and artificially lit with a diffused speedlight from above.

What a great hobby to have. I like the detail you have captured. Well composed and nicely lit too.

Thanks Clive. I started to tie my own flies in the mistaken (and hugely misguided) belief that it would save me money .... HA, absolutely no chance!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But, there is something very special about catching a beautiful wild brown trout, from a country stream, on a fly that you've tied yourself - that feeling of elation never diminishes and it's why I keep going back, and back, and back to the river.

How very appropriate, given your username. I can’t imagine the dexterity required. Lovely detailed shot and nicely lit.

Thanks - the username was carefully chosen :)

That's a great looking fly and good of you for using barbless hook too. Fishing is also one of my hobbies and like you, my brother ties his own fly too.

Thanks. I always use barbless as I fish on wild streams, for wild fish, and always practise catch and release. After all, those fish have worked a lot harder than I have to be in that river so who am I to premarturely end their lives. Plus, most of the streams I fish don't hold big fish, they are all under 12" (mostly well under 12" actually).

Reactions: rpn
Great looking fly - having dabbled in coarse fishing in the past, I have been thinking of trying fly fishing.

Week 39 - Autumn, image made by the river Meavy on Dartmoor, just last week.

What is the black stuff? Not water surely?

Yes it is water indeed, that granite goes very dark when it is wet.

That's a lovely shot.

Very nice Jim (y)

Very clever and an unusual viewpoint shooting from above. Love the composition too of how the flow of water divides the image into two.

Thanks Stan

Autumn
It's really good, just the right about of colourful leaves, that stand out well against the dark water. Good textures in the rock too.

Week 40 Wet, an intimate landscape taken at Dinorwic

Nice splash of colour and water in there :) That can't have been easy to spot! I like the way the crack dissects the image. Nicely composed.

Nice splash of colour and water in there :) That can't have been easy to spot! I like the way the crack dissects the image. Nicely composed.
Excellent picture, love the tones :clap:

Thanks. Yes, it was one of those tiny things that I just happened to notice as I was walking along - the green jumped out among all the slate.

Wet
It's really quite striking. Love the textured, slatey grey and the wet green bit. I also like the y shaped crack from bottom left corner, running up to the right.

Wet
It's really quite striking. Love the textured, slatey grey and the wet green bit. I also like the y shaped crack from bottom left corner, running up to the right.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, much appreciated.

Autumn: Great shot Jim. I really like the colours and the viewpoint.
Wet: Something a little different and I like the way those small bits of colour stand out against the dark background.

Autumn: Great shot Jim. I really like the colours and the viewpoint.
Wet: Something a little different and I like the way those small bits of colour stand out against the dark background.

Thanks Pete

Autumn is a real cracker but wet is just brilliant.

Back