weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Your double artificial looks extremely uncomfortable for the fish! Great detail and nicely lit by the single speedlight. What is it hooked in to? Is that something to protect the hook / your fingers during storage?

Autumn is lovely. The unusual viewpoint gives it a slightly surreal feel, but it's a very peaceful and restful image with just enough leaves to be autumnal.

I can't quite work out what the colour splashes are in wet, but they make a nice image. Again - despite the moving water, it's a nice and peaceful picture. Very nicely composed!

Almost a colour pop technique there Jim ;)
I like it. it looks like an eye peering out at us.

Thanks, I like the way the green 'pops'

Your double artificial looks extremely uncomfortable for the fish! Great detail and nicely lit by the single speedlight. What is it hooked in to? Is that something to protect the hook / your fingers during storage?

I'm reliably informed that fishing hooks don't actually 'hurt' the fish (although i'm not going to get into a debate about whether fish feel pain etc, here). It's a single barbless hook, size 16 (so pretty small) and is being held by an electrical test meter clip (purely to hold it for the photograph, but very common in use among those of us who tie our own flies)

Autumn is lovely. The unusual viewpoint gives it a slightly surreal feel, but it's a very peaceful and restful image with just enough leaves to be autumnal.

I can't quite work out what the colour splashes are in wet, but they make a nice image. Again - despite the moving water, it's a nice and peaceful picture. Very nicely composed!

The colour splashes in wet are a tiny plant leaf that was nestled among the slate. on the ground, in Dinorwic quarry. The leaf is actually about 8mm across.

Last edited:
Week 41 - Topical

That's where we're at! Well seen and taken :)

On theme, and nicely detailed. Were there any other angles you could have tried though, it's a bit staid perhaps?

cheers, the sun was low and behind me so not really working from in front of it

Looks good to me. Living in the countryside we don't see all this going on. On theme and box ticked... must go and get mine today :)

Topical - Might be worth buying shares in spray paint manufacturers, this type of marking is appearing everywhere

Week 42 - Food (or, it will be before Christmas i'd imagine)

Cracking pheasant shot, nicely separated from the background. It'll make a good game pie..

Looks tasty! I'm guessing "food" might apply to the OOF cows in the background as well...

The colours in the pheasant have been caught beautifully, and you can see the iridescence - the background is a little bright though unfortunately, although the dark bird does stand out well against it.

I'm not going to pretend to know what type of fowl it is, but it's nicely captured there.

It's a Pheasant, thanks for the kind comment

Cracking pheasant shot, nicely separated from the background. It'll make a good game pie..

Thanks, i'll have a few braces before the season is over ;)

Looks tasty! I'm guessing "food" might apply to the OOF cows in the background as well...

The colours in the pheasant have been caught beautifully, and you can see the iridescence - the background is a little bright though unfortunately, although the dark bird does stand out well against it.

Cheers, funny as the background seems to look OK on my screen.

A pleasant Pheasant :)

A very handsome chap nicely caught. They're not shooting where I am this year due to C-19 so the only ones I see now have survived on their own for a while and are looking a little ragged :)

Week 43 - Sharp

Nicely barbed :)

On theme and great composition. The black and white processing fits this nicely and makes for a great gritty image.

Thanks

Like the mono conversion it suits the image well, for me though the lines lead you away from the subject IMO :)

Back