weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Nice pattern and it looks like a Google Map view too.

haha, thanks. yes I agree it does look like a landscape from above - lovely weathered wood.

I love the way the shadow shape is so similar to the trees curves bringing your eye into the middle.

Thanks for the comment, really appreciate it.

So, for my 'Showcase' image i'm uploading this one. This probably isn't the 'best' image I made this year but it has just become my favourite as it has been ublished in a Fly Fishing magazine (Fly Culture), whch i'm really pleased about.

And here it is, in the magazine, it sits as the third image featured

Abstract: The light and shade really bring out the texture of the tree bark.
Showcase: That's just a beautiful shot Jim. The light and the mist are lovely as are the reflections. Congratulations too on getting it into the magazine. Looks great as a double page spread.

Abstract
Lovely light and shade, good tone's too.

Showcase
Good landscape, it's the group of tree's on the left side, that catch my eye. Nice and moody.

A nice misty day by a river, what's not to like?
And congrats on being published (y)

Abstract: The light and shade really bring out the texture of the tree bark.
Showcase: That's just a beautiful shot Jim. The light and the mist are lovely as are the reflections. Congratulations too on getting it into the magazine. Looks great as a double page spread.
The 'mist shot' :) Nice.
And very nice to get it published.
Abstract
Lovely light and shade, good tone's too.

Showcase
Good landscape, it's the group of tree's on the left side, that catch my eye. Nice and moody.
A nice misty day by a river, what's not to like?
And congrats on being published (y)
Congratulations on being published - that's great, and it's a lovely photo, looking like a lovely and calm morning.

Thanks everyone, very kind comments.

Nicely done and looks great in the mag!

What a beautiful and tranquil scene. Perfect condition for an hour or two of fly fishing.

Thanks Stan, I do live in a lovely part of the world

A very relaxing scene for your showcase. Congratulations on publication.

Week 52 - Decorate

Here's our 8 year old grandson, Korben, decorating his very own Christmas tree in the dining room. This is his second Christmas with us, and he's VERY excited!!!! (and so are we, really :D ;) )

So that's the final image from me for this 52, i'll see you all next year. Merry Christmas to everyone and I wish you a safe and restful new year.

Last edited:
Gratz on getting to the end :)
Also.. gratz on getting the young-un to stand still enough for that shot ! Nicely lit from the ambient.

Thanks Tim, hopefully we can have a bit more of a 'normal' time not too long into next year.

Nicely done decorating :)

His own tree to decorate - definitely spoiled (appropriately - it is Christmas after all!!)

Congrats on making it through!
Haha, indeed. Many thanks.

A lovely pic to end the year Jim and a great one for the album.
Congratulations on finishing. I've enjoyed looking at your images throughout the year.

Just look at the concentration on young Korben's face
A nice end to your 52 Jim (y)

A lovely pic to end the year Jim and a great one for the album.
Congratulations on finishing. I've enjoyed looking at your images throughout the year.

Thanks for the kind words Pete, likewise for your images.

Just look at the concentration on young Korben's face
A nice end to your 52 Jim (y)

Cheers, he did a great job on the tree.

There's a lovely feel to the colours and atmosphere in your final shot - almost a glow.

Well done on completing the 52.

Edit: I've just spotted your showcase shot - congratulations on getting published. It is a very lovely shot.

Last edited:
There's a lovely feel to the colours and atmosphere in your final shot - almost a glow.

Well done on completing the 52.

Edit: I've just spotted your showcase shot - congratulations on getting published. It is a very lovely shot.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Showcase - great to be rewarded for your accomplished work
Decorate - well lit scene.

Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing more of your images.

Showcase - great to be rewarded for your accomplished work
Decorate - well lit scene.

Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing more of your images.

Thanks Phil, lovely words. Looking forward to yours too next year. HNY

Back