weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Like the mono conversion it suits the image well, for me though the lines lead you away from the subject IMO :)

Not quite sure what you mean as the subject is the barbed wire. Thanks for taking the time to comment (y)

Week 44 Digital Age

Digital (and analogue) Age

And, I thought this would be an apt quote for this week's theme:

"Before you become too entranced with gorgeous gadgets and mesmerising video displays,
let me remind you that information is not knowledge,
knowledge is not wisdom, and wisdom is not foresight.
Each grows out of the other, and we need them all."

Sir Arthur C Clarke

And .......

My digital age :ROFLMAO: ;)

Last edited:
Good use of an old telephone box, they didn't last long those e-mail+text+phone boxes nice idea for the theme, well thought out

Aye that phonebox is great. We have a few like that round here.

Sharp
It works in black and white, good use of dof.

Digital age
I really like the telephone box.

Good strong image works very well for the theme.

That's a lovely image and good to see an old phonebox back in use. Very wise words by Arthur C Clarke and you're still a youngster! :giggle:

Thanks ;)

This is a fab shot, we have a lot round here that now house defibrillators or like this one have become the local library [emoji23].
I always remember reversing the charges so I could get a lift home from hockey on a Saturday afternoon.
Lovely composition.

This is a fab shot, we have a lot round here that now house defibrillators or like this one have become the local library [emoji23].
I always remember reversing the charges so I could get a lift home from hockey on a Saturday afternoon.
Lovely composition.

Thanks Heather, yes I can remember doing a reverse charge home (used to drive my dad mad!)

Lovely shot Jim. I still see a few converted for different uses and I'd hate to see them disappear altogether.

Lovely shot Jim. I still see a few converted for different uses and I'd hate to see them disappear altogether.

Thanks Pete I agree. This one is in a village near to where I live (we don't have one in our village), so it's great to see it used for the community rather than just left to rot, or taken away all together.

Great idea for the theme. It's surprising how many villages have utilised their old phone kiosks. I drove past one the other evening which was glowing green as they had a defib with a bright light installed - it looked very Arthur C Clarke :LOL:

Great idea for the theme. It's surprising how many villages have utilised their old phone kiosks. I drove past one the other evening which was glowing green as they had a defib with a bright light installed - it looked very Arthur C Clarke :LOL:

Thanks. I think the re-purposing of these is great.

Week 45 - Snappers choice + tech Sofy Focus

As it happens I was out yesterday afternoon in a local woodland and have processed this image in a soft focus style, so here is my week 45 (Fingle Woods on the edge of Dartmoor in Devon)

Hi Jim

Very quick off the mark with this weeks theme, If I had looked this morning and checked the theme I could have gone out and taken a foggy wood.
Nice lighting and wonderful colours.

Pete

Hi Jim

Very quick off the mark with this weeks theme, If I had looked this morning and checked the theme I could have gone out and taken a foggy wood.
Nice lighting and wonderful colours.

Pete
Thanks Pete,

it was very fortunate that I was out yesterday afternoon trying to get some woodland shots.

Lovely woodland scene with nice processing that really suits.

Lovely shot.. makes you want to walk that lane. Soft colours along with focus.

Week 46 - Narrow

A narrow footbridge across the river Teign near to Fingle Bridge on the edge of Dartmoor

Back