weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Good work Jim, it's a tough audience in here eh? :ROFLMAO:
Shoehorn aside, it's a nicely detailed natural history shot, showing the bird's fantastic colours off.

Good work Jim, it's a tough audience in here eh? :ROFLMAO:
Shoehorn aside, it's a nicely detailed natural history shot, showing the bird's fantastic colours off.

thanks Iain, yep I 'm used to the crowd :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: cheers for the comment

Sure is good detail. I want to stroke that smooth head.

Cheers David, perhaps if he gets tame enough i'll be able to one day! I need to work on him :D

Some lovely detail in your shot.
He looks very smooth... unlike the visitors to my garden. The local estate stopped shooting last year so the stragglers are looking a little ragged around the edges these days.

Some lovely detail in your shot.
He looks very smooth... unlike the visitors to my garden. The local estate stopped shooting last year so the stragglers are looking a little ragged around the edges these days.

Thanks Helen. All of the Pheasants around here are looking really healthy, despite/because of no shoots here either - we have many more than usual around at the moment.

Week 12 - Alive

Our ornamental Cherry tree has suddenly come alive with blossom, and this morning I spied this bee collecting pollen, obviously keeping the colony alive.

Cherry blossom looks grand this time of year. Often accompanied by high winds which means it never lasts long. Nice filling of the frame, and the bee makes it. Good stuff!

Cherry blossom looks grand this time of year. Often accompanied by high winds which means it never lasts long. Nice filling of the frame, and the bee makes it. Good stuff!

Thanks Ian, yep the blossom won't last long. ut it's lovely whilst its here.

Not seen any bees this year so far so a good early find and a good shot for the theme

Not seen any bees this year so far so a good early find and a good shot for the theme

Thanks Allan, we've had a few bees around in the last couple of days.

Very lovely, and good that you have some dew on the blossoms too.

Thanks, yes this was early this morning so a nice amount of dew

Very nice Jim, it works well.

Alive
Definitely an increase in the bees in recent weeks, I've spotted some that look more like the jumbo jet version!!
A great shot of nature in action

Alive
Definitely an increase in the bees in recent weeks, I've spotted some that look more like the jumbo jet version!!
A great shot of nature in action

Cheers Stuart - yep we had lots of massive bumble bees in the garden yesterday.

The moisture on the blossom really makes this when viewed large. There's so much 'alive' in it.

The moisture on the blossom really makes this when viewed large. There's so much 'alive' in it.

Thanks Nick, it was early morning so nice to catch the dew.

Beautiful colour in your shot. The sunshine has brought out both the blossom and the bees.

Alive
Nice and bright, with the Bee just adding that bit of extra life.

Week 13 - Easter

The Easter Bunny was generous this morning.

Hi Jim

Easter - Some one is lucky and has a sweet tooth. Nice colours and all sharp.
Alive - a nice shot of your cherry blossom, nice to see a frame filled with them, and the bee adds to the alive theme.

Pete

Hi Jim

Easter - Some one is lucky and has a sweet tooth. Nice colours and all sharp.
Alive - a nice shot of your cherry blossom, nice to see a frame filled with them, and the bee adds to the alive theme.

Pete

Thanks Pete

Eggcellent :)

Nice and sharp and colourful.
It works well.

Nice and sharp and colourful.
It works well.

Thanks, it was actually a focus stack of 3 images in Affiniy and i'm quite pleased with the result.

Spot on for the theme Jim, colourful and bright, I like the fact that it’s semi hidden it in the grass.

Thank you Susie

As others have said - works really well for the theme. We daren't have chocolate in our house! Enjoy the consumption!

Definitely an Easter shot. You're lucky to have the eggs.. all the shops around me were sold out before the weekend!

Definitely an Easter shot. You're lucky to have the eggs.. all the shops around me were sold out before the weekend!

My wife got them for our grandchildren, I think she got them a few weeks ago ;)

Back