weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

I really like this, especially the framing to include the bright spot in the clouds.

Week 18 - Numbers.

I went to the beach today, searching for inspiration for this week's theme and came up with this. Processed using a Kodak Portra preset ....

Nice shot - fits the theme

The contrast is a bit heavy for my taste, darkening the mood of the image (which may have been the intent!). I do like the composition though and the subject matter fits the theme very well. I'm left wondering who (or what) Diana is?

The contrast is a bit heavy for my taste, darkening the mood of the image (which may have been the intent!). I do like the composition though and the subject matter fits the theme very well. I'm left wondering who (or what) Diana is?

Thanks for the comments. Diana is the boat that the fishing gear belongs to.

I always find that sea-going stuff always looks a bit of a mess and this is no exception, as should be the case.

I always find that sea-going stuff always looks a bit of a mess and this is no exception, as should be the case.
I'd have to agree, but then it does have a tough life :D

Nice Image for numbers Jim.
I love that sort of thing, but living in Milton Keynes I don't get to seeing that often.

Pete

Nice Image for numbers Jim.
I love that sort of thing, but living in Milton Keynes I don't get to seeing that often.

Pete

Thanks Pete, yes i'd imagine fishing boats are few and far between on MK! :ROFLMAO:

Nice "messy" fishing gear shot and well processed - It is atmospheric,

Nice "messy" fishing gear shot and well processed - It is atmospheric,

Thanks Helen, much appreciated. I must admit I've become a bit 'lost' with PP recently, for some reason I just can't seem to get things how I want them to look - maybe I should just keep it really simple and see how that goes.

Week 19 - Toys

Roxy is very attached to a certain few of her toys ...

Toys
That's quite a collection of toys.
My dog isn't fused about toys, apart from one, a rubber ball in a rope. It's her favourite thing, but she's not allowed it nowadays because her joints are starting to show their age.

Toys
That's quite a collection of toys.
My dog isn't fused about toys, apart from one, a rubber ball in a rope. It's her favourite thing, but she's not allowed it nowadays because her joints are starting to show their age.

Roxy's getting old too, but she has a few favourites.

A picture of a dog, good enough for me.

One of my dogs picks up a rubber ring and shows it to us. She doesn't want the ring but has taken it up as some sort of signal to us because as soon as she has our attention, she drops the ring then stares expectantly, further interaction with the ring by us is ignored. Strange what dogs do.

A picture of a dog, good enough for me.

One of my dogs picks up a rubber ring and shows it to us. She doesn't want the ring but has taken it up as some sort of signal to us because as soon as she has our attention, she drops the ring then stares expectantly, further interaction with the ring by us is ignored. Strange what dogs do.

Thanks - indeed, they do some funny stuff!

What a great image of your lovely Roxy, she looks so happy to pose for you.

Thanks Dave. She's getting to be a bit of an 'old bird' now, but still plenty of life in her ;)

She's getting to be a bit of an 'old bird' now, but still plenty of life in her
And never too old to play. Something us humans could take note of I think!

Really nice image framed really well by the bedding/cushion. One to look back on fondly in years to come I suspect.

Last edited:
lovely photo of your dog, we have a jack Russell shes 10 now and blind and thats a position we see her a lot in these days.

Awww lovely pooch photo :)

And never too old to play. Something us humans could take note of I think!

Really nice image framed really well by the bedding/cushion. One to lok back on fondly in years to come I suspect.
lovely photo of your dog, we have a jack Russell shes 10 now and blind and thats a position we see her a lot in these days.
Awww lovely pooch photo :)

Thanks all, yes she's a lovely dog (but doesn't like other animals). We got her from a rescue centre (we've always 'rescued' dogs), she's starting to have a few problems as she gets older bless her. We'll be devastated when she goes but I refuse to pay a breeder the cost of a small car for another so we'll probable look for another rescue dog (they are all good at heart, they just need love and to be treated correctly - there's no such thing as a bad dog, as they say).

Another image bang on theme. It looks like she’s exhausted herself playing with them though :)

Another image bang on theme. It looks like she’s exhausted herself playing with them though :)

Thanks, she's getting on a bit now, so seems to spend more time sleeping these days, bless her.

Great image, loving the state of the tennis ball. Our Lurcher cross has in the last year realised he is actually old at 15 years old, so does spend a long time these days in a resting position.

Great image, loving the state of the tennis ball. Our Lurcher cross has in the last year realised he is actually old at 15 years old, so does spend a long time these days in a resting position.

Thanks. She always strips a tennis ball bare within minutes, for some reason, haha

Just along the lane from where I live (past the vineyard etc ;) ) is a house where an artisanmakes ketal sculptures. They have lots of their items on the front gates and they look great. So here are a couple of artificial flowers (images made today, in a brief respite from the incessant rain!):

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder whether all the incessant rain in this country makes the sunny days so much more meaningful...

Love how you've come at this from and angle so you can use DoF to isolate the subject. It's a busy scene and this has really helped quieten it down a bit. I might have been tempted to desaturate the blues to lessen the impact of that blue thing on the very RH edge but I'm splitting hairs if I'm honest.

Love the square crop too!

Was it luck or planning to get three flowers? The angle works well to show the shapes too. I wouldn't fancy coming into contact with the edges on the second one, I'm sure there would blood spilt!!

I sometimes wonder whether all the incessant rain in this country makes the sunny days so much more meaningful...

Love how you've come at this from and angle so you can use DoF to isolate the subject. It's a busy scene and this has really helped quieten it down a bit. I might have been tempted to desaturate the blues to lessen the impact of that blue thing on the very RH edge but I'm splitting hairs if I'm honest.

Love the square crop too!

Thanks, I see what you mean about the blues, I maybe should have but hinestly didn't notice it too much.

Was it luck or planning to get three flowers? The angle works well to show the shapes too. I wouldn't fancy coming into contact with the edges on the second one, I'm sure there would blood spilt!!

Cheers, I'd planned to get 3 in, there are more on the gate.

Perfect choice for the theme Jim, I love the way the roses have a weathered look and aren’t pristine and shiny, what a clever neighbour you have!

Thanks Susie, yes he/she is very talented indeed!

Nicely done Jim :)

Artificial
Nice composition. The colours do stand out well against the black of the gate and dark background.

Artificial
Nice composition. The colours do stand out well against the black of the gate and dark background.

Thanks Dominic

Back