weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Week 1 - Fruit. and Tech Fill The Frame (does this count?)

Oranges are not the only fruit ;)

Last edited:
I would say it fits the theme and tech.
Well controlled specular highlights (or not specular in this case if you know what I mean).

Nicely controlled noise considering 1250 ISO. Gratz on being the first with the tech :)
Nice use of complimentary colours and the black background.
Also, I see you've managed something similar to Allan's blend into black to avoid the subject floating on the black background.

I would say it fits the theme and tech.
Well controlled specular highlights (or not specular in this case if you know what I mean).
Nicely controlled noise considering 1250 ISO. Gratz on being the first with the tech :)
Nice use of complimentary colours and the black background.
Also, I see you've managed something similar to Allan's blend into black to avoid the subject floating on the black background.

Thanks chaps, much appreciated. To be honest i'm surprised no more people have declared the tech.

nicely composed square crop, the colours are great as is the lighting

Fits the tech too

I really like the red & green in this, and the dark background. For me, it could do with being a bit closer but horses and courses sprint to mind.

I really like the red & green in this, and the dark background. For me, it could do with being a bit closer but horses and courses sprint to mind.

Cheers Ian

Great colours! I like the composition, choice of fairly shallow DoF and crop.

Nice close up lots of detail, fits right in Jim

Lovely close up with lots of detail. Nice muted colour too.

Great tommy shot.
Nice colour and lighting. The dark background and crop work well for the subject. I feel some water droplets would add some interest to the shot.

Cheers both. I tried water drops but it didn't come out as i'd have liked so stuck with this one, but i know what you mean (something for me to practice)

I like that. Tones, composition, detail, all good. I really like the fade from darkness at the front.

I like that. Tones, composition, detail, all good. I really like the fade from darkness at the front.

Thanks Nick, much appreciated

Nice clean, simple, well lit and well composed (all the bits I struggle with with still life ). Good job well done

Nice clean, simple, well lit and well composed (all the bits I struggle with with still life ). Good job well done

Thanks (y)

The black background works well against the colourful tomatoes. You've achieved a good depth of field and it's beautifully lit. Very nice.

The black background works well against the colourful tomatoes. You've achieved a good depth of field and it's beautifully lit. Very nice.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Week 2 - Dirty

I made this image on my daily walk today, it's not my dog (which i'm glad about as I bet that hair is a nightmare to clean!) but is was having fun! It's a shame about the large rock at the dogs back feet but I had very little chance to move around to get it our of the way unfortunatley.

Last edited:
Back