weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Green fingers indeed, and if the subject 'carpal tunnel syndrome' comes up, you can use it again! :D

I have aphids on my apple trees that always have to be treated.

Green fingers indeed, and if the subject 'carpal tunnel syndrome' comes up, you can use it again! :D

I have aphids on my apple trees that always have to be treated.

haha, thanks (but that's not me, although I do think I have CTS coming on :( )

haha, thanks (but that's not me, although I do think I have CTS coming on :( )

Too much use of the right hand...for pressing the shutter button of course.

Yep - green box well and truly ticked!

Green fingers and green leaves. Very much on theme and has a human element too which works nicely.

Nicely on Theme Jim (y)

Suits the theme well. That looks to be quite an infestation! I like that you've captured a moment with her head in it rather than just hands.

One of my shrubs got infested this year as well. I've just left it to fight its own battle! Naughty me!

One of my shrubs got infested this year as well. I've just left it to fight its own battle! Naughty me!

There were ants 'farming' these flies on that plant - fascinating stuff!

Green
I wasn't sure having half of her face in the shot worked, but I think it does.

Week 25 Snappers Choice

A juvenile Robin, looking for food this morning

Lovely detail you've captured there Jim. I haven't seen any juvenile Robins in my garden. Lots of Blackbirds though.

Thanks, this was one of about 4 or 5 this morning.

Nicely captured Jim (y)

I had one in my garden the other day, the parent was busy ramming worms down its throat.
:D

Nicely captured Jim (y)

I had one in my garden the other day, the parent was busy ramming worms down its throat.
:D

Thanks Chris. This one keeps getting chased off the bird feeder tray by an adult (who seems much smaller than this juvenile, strangely).

Fab shot of young Billy Bobbin :)

Lovely robin and nicely caught - almost posing for the camera.

Choice
Nicely caught (with the camera). Good detail in the feathers and eye.

Week 26 - Looking Down

We went to Monkey world in Dorset today, and this chap/lady was certainly looking down, in fact i'd say they were totally. bored and a little depressed.

My other option was of this Bhudda statue, shot from below to give the impression of him looking down.

Last edited:
They both work for the theme. The primate looks real P off!

Thanks Stan, I know it's a slightly different take on 'looking down' but when I saw it laying there the inspiration just hit me and fortunately it looked straight down the lens at the opportune moment :)

Both good shots but the sad chimp is really good - poor thing.

Back