weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Great shot Jim, and yes dogs love getting dirty.

Cheers Dave. Interestingly my Jack Russell gets filthy but then miraculously she's clean again a coupld of hours later, withiut human intervention.

Just needs puppy dawg to roll around in the river before climbing back in the car to go home :D
The rock isn't really a problem, after-all it was there... What is cool is you have eye contact !

A fine yet a bit odd looking pooch :)

I absolutely love the way this dog is posing for you. It's like it's been to modelling school :D

I don't mind the rock. You've captured a lovely moment with its front paw aloft and it's ears swinging with the head turn. Nice catchlights in the eyes too.

Good dog photo (y) we have a jack Russell who is also able to be miraculously clean without human intervention

Just needs puppy dawg to roll around in the river before climbing back in the car to go home :D
The rock isn't really a problem, after-all it was there... What is cool is you have eye contact !

haha, in fact there was another dog that was extremely filthy but she was just running around like an absolute lunatic so, although I tried, I just couldn't grab a decent image (it's a new telephoto lens so i'm very much in the 'learning to use it' phase at the moment).

A fine yet a bit odd looking pooch :)

(y)

Great portrait of the dog!

Thanks

I absolutely love the way this dog is posing for you. It's like it's been to modelling school :D

I don't mind the rock. You've captured a lovely moment with its front paw aloft and it's ears swinging with the head turn. Nice catchlights in the eyes too.

Thank you

Good dog photo (y) we have a jack Russell who is also able to be miraculously clean without human intervention

Yep, it's amazing how she becomes spotless again.

Last edited:
Nice portrait Jim. It fits right in.

Anything with a dog in it is good for me. Lovely pose.

Anything with a dog in it is good for me. Lovely pose.

Thanks, I must admit I got very lucky with the image as the dog just happened to stop mooching and look back at me just as I was aiming the camera at him/her.

you can see some movement there but you have also got eye contact nice capture

Lovely dog and you've captured his energy and excitement really well. The rock doesn't bother me at all.

Lovely dog and you've captured his energy and excitement really well. The rock doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks Helen.

Dirty
That a lovely shot, the light is just right and to have the dog looking your way is a bonus.

Lol. looks like (s)he's wearing a wig :)

Mucky and happy. Really nice colour to it too.

Fruit tomatoes against a black background work really well.
The dirty dog is a lovely shot, certainly wouldn't want to be cleaning that!

Thanks Clive, agree about cleaning the dog!

Lol. looks like (s)he's wearing a wig :)

Mucky and happy. Really nice colour to it too.

cheers Ian

One of my favourites for the topic this week super shot and a super choice for the theme.

Thank you Susie, really appreciate the kind words.

Very nice dirty dog shot. I like the way the depth of field has separated mutt from the background, the rock I’m not so sure about, it fits in nicely to the scene but I wonder whether a slight local adjustment to darken it slightly might make it slightly less of a draw to the eye :)

Very nice dirty dog shot. I like the way the depth of field has separated mutt from the background, the rock I’m not so sure about, it fits in nicely to the scene but I wonder whether a slight local adjustment to darken it slightly might make it slightly less of a draw to the eye :)

thak you

Good work Jim, bang on theme. Not a lot you could do about the position of the rock but maybe darkening it down a little in post will help draw the viewers eye away from it?

Good work Jim, bang on theme. Not a lot you could do about the position of the rock but maybe darkening it down a little in post will help draw the viewers eye away from it?

Thanks Iain, much appreciated

Hi Jim, what is it with Spaniels, they are always Dirty, it doesn't matter if they are on the beach or dry land they always manage to come home dirty.
I think my spaniel just loves it for the towelling down after.
Well captured, beautiful colours. I love the look on his or her face.

Hi Jim, what is it with Spaniels, they are always Dirty, it doesn't matter if they are on the beach or dry land they always manage to come home dirty.
I think my spaniel just loves it for the towelling down after.
Well captured, beautiful colours. I love the look on his or her face.

Haha, yep my mum's spaniel was always getting filthy! Thanks for the comment

I like the eye contact, and the odd movement in the fur. Nice one!

Week 3 - Rock or Stones

Well we're living on the 3rd rock from the Sun, and this is our very own 'little' orbiting rock

Back