weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

I looked at the moon Thursday night but it was obscured by clouds so didn't bother
a great idea for the theme and nicely done, good detail

And I thought it was made of cheese. :exit:

That's cool moon shot. Something I've never tried. That looks pretty detailed to me. :D

Well that’s definitely one idea I’d not thought of, what a super choice for the theme and loads of excellent detail, I like the way it emerges from the dark side, a very eye catching shot.
I looked at the moon Thursday night but it was obscured by clouds so didn't bother
a great idea for the theme and nicely done, good detail
And I thought it was made of cheese. :exit:

That's cool moon shot. Something I've never tried. That looks pretty detailed to me. :D

Thanks all, this was taken with my new 100-400 lens plus 1.4xTC, handheld. It is cropped in but i'm really pleased with the level of detail it's managed to capture.

I predict that's the biggest bit of rock we see in this week's theme!

Nicely done Jim. Lots of detail and fascinating to look at.

I predict that's the biggest bit of rock we see in this week's theme!

Nicely done Jim. Lots of detail and fascinating to look at.

haha, possibly! Many thanks for the feedback

Great minds think a like ;)

Great minds think a like ;)

;)

Our nearest neighbour. Is it a single image or several stacked together? Some are ever hundreds stacked together. I've tried loads of times shooting the moon but never able to get all these details.

single image handheld (the OIS on the Fujifilm 100-400 is really good)

Good idea, and great to find a night clear enough to shoot it currently :)
Plenty of detail there. I note the EXIF says 560mm on a 100-400. So 1.4 tc too then?

It was indeed with the 1.4xTC, this is a tight crop of the frame too but i'm really pleased with the detail

Rock
Very sharp image of the moon. Lots of detail.

cheers

Thanks for commenting everyone

The most interesting rock you can see from Earth. I have a similar picture that I took several years ago, strangely, nothing much seems to have changed :rolleyes:

The most interesting rock you can see from Earth. I have a similar picture that I took several years ago, strangely, nothing much seems to have changed :rolleyes:

hah, thanks

Definitely rock, and top marks for original take on the theme! Lots of detail in there as well.

Thanks, much appreciated

Jeez... I wish people would stop making me want the 100-400 !:mad:

That's really nicely done.... Love it!

Jeez... I wish people would stop making me want the 100-400 !:mad:

That's really nicely done.... Love it!

haha, cheers Nick.

Brilliant. That's what I enjoy about these 52s. I tend not to look at what others have done until I've done mine. This was one of those "yep. well thought out" images that made me stop and click through.

Well done.

Brilliant. That's what I enjoy about these 52s. I tend not to look at what others have done until I've done mine. This was one of those "yep. well thought out" images that made me stop and click through.

Well done.

Thanks Ian, much appreciated

Here's my entry for 'Tall'. Hope you like my take on the theme. I've also added a mono and sepia version - which do you prefer?

Mono

Sepia

Last edited:
Colour one for me. The violin has a gorgeous colour that shouldn't be hidden. I like the picture but have reservations about the wood panel at the top.

Colour one for me. The violin has a gorgeous colour that shouldn't be hidden. I like the picture but have reservations about the wood panel at the top.
I have to agree on both these points.

Thanks both, I kept the board in the image as it looks too 'floaty' without it (I did try without)

Last edited:
The colour version is just great! A fine image. Cropped nice & tight, I like.

Slightly odd thing for the theme. I would have saved that for the ultimate impossible theme like 'Envy' ;)

The colour version is just great! A fine image. Cropped nice & tight, I like.

Slightly odd thing for the theme. I would have saved that for the ultimate impossible theme like 'Envy' ;)

Thanks, haha yes but I wanted to avoid trees or buildings :D

a well shoehorned take on the theme and nothing wrong with that.
I prefer the rich colours, but the B&W has some nice tones, the sepia version compresses the tones too much for my taste.

Pete

a well shoehorned take on the theme and nothing wrong with that.
I prefer the rich colours, but the B&W has some nice tones, the sepia version compresses the tones too much for my taste.

Pete
Well done for coming up with a different idea. I love the rich warm tones of the colour version.

Thanks folks. I think my favourite is the colour, that violin body is just so nice and warm.

+1 for colour. The log across the top is a little distracting (less so in the mono versions) and I think the song titles on the sheet music are a bit lost because they're so... scattered... But I think it's a very cool idea.

Back