weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Nice!

The silhouette against the foreboding sky really evokes the mood of the film.

Thanks Nick, appreciate the comments

Thats a really super stand alone shot, the colours are lovely, and it perfect for your film choice too, those birds look spooky!

Thanks Susie :giggle:

Film title
I did correctly guess the title, with the clearly defined silhouette making the image

Week 8 - Halves

I saw this pine cone on the ground at work, ad had a flash of inspration s I thought it would look interesting, vut in half. So, I got it home and halved it on my bandsaw, i'm really pleased with the patterns it's produced. Here are 2 variations on the theme, I hope you like them:

Fascinating, I never would have guessed. Thanks for explaining. I think you chose the better image and I like the border.

Fascinating, I never would have guessed. Thanks for explaining. I think you chose the better image and I like the border.

Thanks Paul

Excellent - works really well.

A clean cut.

The first works well for the theme. The second tells us what it is.

A nice shot. It’s intriguing to see the internal structure, not something you tend to think about as a rule. I prefer the first shot due to the symmetry of the two halves but the second gives more context. All in all a cracking pair of halves :)

A clean cut.

The first works well for the theme. The second tells us what it is.
A nice shot. It’s intriguing to see the internal structure, not something you tend to think about as a rule. I prefer the first shot due to the symmetry of the two halves but the second gives more context. All in all a cracking pair of halves :)

Thanks both, appreciate the comments, and I agree

Really interesting. Never thought how a cone would look like in the inside before.

Fascinating, and something I've never seen before. Thanks for sharing it!

Really interesting. Never thought how a cone would look like in the inside before.
Fascinating, and something I've never seen before. Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks both, glad you like it and yes, it's amazing what they look like inside; I've never seen the inside of these before either

Halves
That looks great, I love the textures, patterns and tones.

Interesting! Honestly a question I've never asked myself, now I know.

I really like the first shot, the square crop and the symmetrical composition work really well. There's something odd about it to my eyes that must be the texture of the subject and background, but at first glance it looks almost noisy.... except I don't think it is.... weird!

Interesting! Honestly a question I've never asked myself, now I know.

I really like the first shot, the square crop and the symmetrical composition work really well. There's something odd about it to my eyes that must be the texture of the subject and background, but at first glance it looks almost noisy.... except I don't think it is.... weird!

Thanks Nick, I see what you mean about the noise, I think that's just because of all the textures in the image

Thanks Nick, I see what you mean about the noise, I think that's just because of all the textures in the image

I think you're right. It's not noisy, but there's a consistent graininess in the subject matter that almost mimics noise. Crazy!

Fascinating patterns, I would never have guessed what it was. I would maybe have moved it slightly down the wooden background to remove the highlight across the top especially in the right hand side.

Fascinating patterns, I would never have guessed what it was. I would maybe have moved it slightly down the wooden background to remove the highlight across the top especially in the right hand side.

Cheers. I couldn't move it as the background board has highlights top and bottom, the highlight at the top is the lesser of the 2 evils tbh.

Week 9 - Reflection

I had a few to choose from this week, managed to get out today with phone and camera ...

The pole shot is the one for me. Your chosen one is a bit cluttered for my liking (hence me preferring the clean, minimalist look) and the reflection less strong. It's a real part of that third image. Good stuff!

I think you chose the strongest of the selection.
The pole shot is the one for me. Your chosen one is a bit cluttered for my liking (hence me preferring the clean, minimalist look) and the reflection less strong. It's a real part of that third image. Good stuff!

Thanks both, I was really torn on which to choose as I like them all for different reasons

Nice set Jim, although the gate shot is nice and colourful, I'm with the others, the plain and simple pole shot is the best IMO

Nice set Jim, although the gate shot is nice and colourful, I'm with the others, the plain and simple pole shot is the best IMO

Thank you

4 good choices, I like the choice you made. The light is lovely on the gate and I can just imagine my kids jumping around in a puddle like that. I do like the pole but it slightly disappoints me that the bird reflection at the bottom isn't clear.

4 good choices, I like the choice you made. The light is lovely on the gate and I can just imagine my kids jumping around in a puddle like that. I do like the pole but it slightly disappoints me that the bird reflection at the bottom isn't clear.

Thanks Steve, I think the lack of clarity on the bird reflection is probably tha main reason I didn't choose it - great minds ;)

Lots to see in the Gate image, but the bird on the pole is nice and simple. All very good.

Pete

Back