Colour or mono

• Colour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mono

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
Edit My Images
Yes
9138CB54-8B7D-43E9-9FEA-90A77E1A65B3.jpeg 0D4417FF-AAA1-4C81-B63D-A7A232CCDF92.jpeg I couldn’t resist it, just nipped out in his freezing cold and grabbed a shot I’ve been meaning to take for a while. I can’t decide whether the sodium lights add or detract. Thoughts welcome.

Not normally one for mono, being a self confessed colour junkie, but with these two, the mono hits the spot, not only the lighting, the composition is better too IMHO.
Reducing the saturation and possibly the brightness a little might make a more pleasing colour version.

Like in both these scenes, the two interpretation are possible.
The top on, mono, is very appealing, The second could have
a similar charm but would need a WB tweak.

First is nice, the light is well controlled and the rays had to the scene.
The light in the second is burnt, creating a big orange splash and halo which is not very appealing.

The first is nicely composed and atmospheric, it's hard to compare colour vs mono becuase I just don't find the composition in the second as appealing. Might be worth shown the first as colour for comparison. Also as has been said, I feel the second really needs toning down a bit, sodium lights don't look that yellow to me, even though they may be in an objective sense.

I think to really be able to judge you need both the images to be the same but one in colour and one in mono and I’m drawn to the composition more so on one that the other and I honestly couldn’t say if it’s the composition of the shot or the colour/mono part that I prefer.

Ok i turned the colour into mono, and cooled off the WB in the first one. I have restored the colour (albeit less saturated) and adjusted the WB in the second one. And the third one is a mono of the very yellow one. I still prefer the second one as with your comments, the composition is stronger. Cheers.

Ok i turned the colour into mono, and cooled off the WB in the first one. I have restored the colour (albeit less saturated) and adjusted the WB in the second one. And the third one is a mono of the very yellow one. I still prefer the second one as with your comments, the composition is stronger. Cheers.

Much better edits, all work well.

Reminds me of the film "The Omen" :eek:

Mono and the very first picture for me, gets the atmosphere nicely in the photo and works with the dark shadow area at the bottom, the others are nice but a bit meh personally, where as the first photo resonates stronger

Back