Foggintor Quarry and Blackchurch Rock

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Loving N2 Tom, I had no idea this rock even existed - any chance you'll disclose the location?

I'm in Taunton so not too much of a trip

Les :)

Very nice set of shots Tom, liking them all with #3 & #4 being my fav's.

George.

Loving N2 Tom, I had no idea this rock even existed - any chance you'll disclose the location?

I'm in Taunton so not too much of a trip

Les :)
It’s called blackchurch rock, which is at Mouthmill Beach between Clovelly and Hartland Quay. Lovely stretch of coastland. When the tide is low it’s stunning as there are linear bedrock formations leading towards it. Coupled with a dramatic sky and some swashy waves.... maybe next time!

It’s called blackchurch rock, which is at Mouthmill Beach between Clovelly and Hartland Quay. Lovely stretch of coastland. When the tide is low it’s stunning as there are linear bedrock formations leading towards it. Coupled with a dramatic sky and some swashy waves.... maybe next time!
You have to park at the small Brownsham National Trust car park, and hike about a mile to get to the bay.
If you want to get down on the beach to photograph the rock, make sure the tide is out, or going out.

You have to park at the small Brownsham National Trust car park, and hike about a mile to get to the bay.
If you want to get down on the beach to photograph the rock, make sure the tide is out, or going out.
Probably where I should have parked but the walk from Clovelly was very nice!

Back