Critique Foggy Cat

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Reactions: ejm
Good looking car!!! ;)

Sorry, Mike - just noticed that you're after some C&C on this shot rather than just a comment on the car!

IMO the car's a bit too dark and could do with a little lifting at the shooting stage. That might reduce the moodiness of the shot but the car's the star of the shot. I would also have tried to lose the twigs in the top left of the shot while getting the top of the tree in the upper right hand side all in shot.

Some interesting versions of the shot but I think Heathers mono image is good. It has the moodiness and the car can been seen in the layby.

That's not really what I had in mind, Heather. That's gone too far away from the moodiness of the sky. I was thinking more along the lines of a hint of fill flash on the car, leaving the background as it is. Like the tree treatment though!

Oddly enough the non-1000 pixel version of the image, the car pops more, and I agree with Nod, its about the fog. I had a couple of attempts last night, but the biggest issues is cutting the top left corner out as I can't seem to do this without loosing the graduation and trying to 'fake' it or hide with vignetting isn't going well either. I did try using a graduated filter aligned with the hedge, that also doesn't work. Clearly I need better PP technique.

Last edited:
Footzoom? It's usually much harder to remove something in PP than it is to move a little at the taking stage. Doesn't look like the road was too busy (or ever is!) so you could probably have got away with being a bit closer and looking up slightly to lose the near tree but catch all the far tree. The colour of the car doesn't help the shape show in a low key shot either. Looks great in the flesh but doesn't improve it photogenically. Hoping for a Caviar sportbrake to come up locally 2nd hand...

Didn't notice the branches in top left, the shot was literally taken after I turned round and thought, “car looks good” and took literally one shot…:eek: I will drive passed it again, but whether or not it's foggy.

This is (presumably!) the UK so there'll be more fog!!!

Back