weekly foggy4ever's 52 for 2017 Week 14 Evolve(d)

Week 0 after a lovely walk around YWP yesterday I'll shoe horn this one in

Tiger feet by Mud

YWP 15 by Scott, on Flickr

Great Scott! That was quick. Beautiful animals - like the composition, lovely detail and colour.

Ha ha! Yes, the feet are hiding but good teeth, and you've captured a contentious moment. Perhaps he's saying 'I really love you, I really love you.. '

@Cobra will appreciate the 'Gob' shot.
Plenty of detail, but as has been said, no actual feet.
I know you can't stage direct these fellas, but it could do with a bit of separation from the background as the head of the one on the left does merge into the scenery a bit.

Top Marks for being first out of the trap with Week Zero.

Kudos for the first submission of the new season! As others have already said, no feet and they blend kind of into the background. But great sharpness.

Thanks all, don't forget it is the season where you don't need to see to believe Ho Ho Ho. He was enjoying bathing in the morning winter sun and did not want to be disturbed so was telling his pal to use his Tiger feet and bog off.

I could of had..

We are family.......who wants to play with my ding a ling.....the Lion sleeps tonight and more just from the YWP trip

Last edited:
That's a great shot! And you can see the feet (hands?) :)

Nice shot, though I have to admit that I was expecting to see the feet too lol, but the shot itselfs beautifully lit, the action of the tiger sitting down is well caught, you really are just waiting for it to swipe at the other one!

Yours? I've tried something very similar last year when we had the theme 'arranged', but it didn't work for me then, and it doesn't for me now I'm afraid.

Order, on theme and shallow DOF. I'd like a different composition that would remove the bright window.

Strained my eyes as thought I saw Foggy, and I did :)

Cheers.

Hmmmm... I normally love narrow DoF but in this instance to portray alphabetical I feel we need to see a deeper Dof - So with that in mind and as per my first thoughts I like the colour version, a real wide letterbox crop, :)

<EDIT> Ahh the edit is certainly more appealing I can read a few more words and the books are centre of attention :)

Billie Piper [emoji3]

It's a nice image. I feel somewhat relaxed just looking at it. Makes me feel like I've got a lazy Sunday with nothing to do and am going to have a browse of the old collection to see what I am going to put on to while away a few hours. Nice emotive shot for me

Order 02 for me - the angle works better and I like the b&w. Quite like Order 03 as well.

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I like the simplicity and colour of 03, don't mind the window in 01, but I think 02 (the last posted) sits best. Having said that, I generally prefer the focal point to be nearest the camera when looking along a line of things.

Interesting to read all the comments and see just how subjective photography can be. I loved the shot when I first saw it and still do, the shallow DOF, the lighting and POV all work for me. I don't mind not being able to see all the titles as it adds a sense of mystery and makes me think about what might be there (never would have guessed Billie Piper and Dannii).

Nothing wrong with the other 2 but for me I still prefer the first.

That's an awful lot of biographies!
I agree that the second edit is stronger, as you can read more of the spines. That in turn makes it more obvious for the theme :)
As Allan suggests, removing the bright point in the image, which doesn't actually add anything, helps a lot.

One thing to add, your links aren't quite right, it tkes you to the top of the page rather than to the new image.
That "share" hyperlink to the bottom right of your post will pop up a dialog box with the correct url to directly share the correct point in your thread.

Ah! lovely shot ST ... nice to see an animal like this being comforted, shows a strong relationship between the two. Excellent for the theme.

Back