weekly foggy4ever's 52 for 2017 Week 14 Evolve(d)

:agree: a contender for shoehorn of the week but having said that, he does look a cool dude lying there sunning himself so you could say old smoothie. Nicely taken Scott. (Oh yeah, glad it was the weather and not you that was poorly ha ha)

Hairy - I agree that maybe cropping out the third bear out would make for a better composition, they do look like they were having fun.

Smooth - a bit of a shoehorn on the giant otter shot, but it is a beautiful capture, love it. I do like the funky feel to the image with the motorbike, very abstract looking.

Last edited:
Great photo, I like the effect, and twisting the zoom ring smoothly is not a shoehorn as far as the 52s are concerned!

Love the Bears shot, but then I would with my nickname! Prefer the first one you posted on the Bears.

The zooming looks smooth on the bike, and I really like the picture. But a hardtail for smooth!:)

Excellent Scott ... top marks to wifey too ... good of her to keep your stock of props in such good order !!! Love the colour and the multiple facets of the stone.

Must be awful being married to God, nice detail in the rock though

Nicely isolated mineral - simple composition and effective.

Nice and clean shot, nothing to criticise.

Excellent Scott ... top marks to wifey too ... good of her to keep your stock of props in such good order !!! Love the colour and the multiple facets of the stone.

Nice and straight forward, good detail and like how you have placed it and lit it, nice grounding shadow :)

Like that. Lovely muted colours and the spiky top works well as does the shadow to ground it.

Cheers.

Well done to Scott and wife, plain simple, good colours lighting and also love the bit of shadow (y)(y)

Lovely colour in that one .... really nice detail it the top section ... a good choice for the theme.

Mineral - I love the colour of this, good detail, good background, and just the right amount of shadowing as well.

Must be awful being married to God, nice detail in the rock though
Corrected :D
Really nicely lit and shot - I like the hint of shadow - just right.

Nicely isolated mineral - simple composition and effective.

Nice and clean shot, nothing to criticise.

Very subtle and pleasing to the eye, very nice.:)

Thanks everyone, I was at work when I noticed the theme and thought of this almost immediately, It was't on display so finding it was the hardest bit....in the loft.

Hairy - I think I prefer the second polar bear, great action shot, shame it wasn't a nicer day :)

Smooth - Great effect on the bike, very arty. That otter looks pretty p***ed off but he does have a smooth face:D

Mineral - lovely colours, nice detail

Hangs head in shame for getting so far behind :(

Last edited:
Like the colour and the shadow, excellent shot.

Cheers all and on to Whole. I have a back up plan but can't do it yet. This is probably a minor shoe horn.

My wife some times says I'm an arse whole :D so here's a portrait of one.
Week 6 by Scott, on Flickr

Super selfie Scott - mean and moody look, eyes look sharp. The shoehorn award awaits ... I'll hand it over from last week ha ha.

nice light across your face very sinister (makes mental note not to upset Foggy) i am not as brave as Carl to suggest a shoehorn

The eyes remind me of another Foggy, but I agree definitely a touch of Arny there....love it.

Great selfie, dramatic lighting and super sharp!

Back