Folk...

Edit My Images
No
...singers at my mate's pub last night. Couldn't resist taking a few shots and would appreciate any critique, but please go easy as I'd been out a while :). Most of these were shot at ISO1600 with the fourth at ISO3200, and then processed through NeatImage to remove the noise. I didn't want to use flash as it would have spoiled the atmosphere. Converted to mono with an Ilford FP4 profile as I think it suits the occcasion.

CRW_6035_mono.jpg

CRW_6025_mono.jpg

CRW_6021_framed.jpg

CRW_6016_framed.jpg

CRW_6022_mono.jpg

Really good subject, but i think for the images to portray the full story then you needed to get a little more of the instruments into each shot, my favourites are 1st and last ones. I think some of the closer portraits would be superb if you could get a little more of what they are actually doing into shot. You've got a good location and subject there though.

Next time maybe try to take the images a little earlier that way you'll have no excuses! [smilie=b:

Nice ones m8. I particularly like the first one, since it describes the scene perfectly...Beer & Music :D

I also agree with lolyton's comments about the closer portraits, but nothing you can do about that now.

Not bad for being half in the bag ;)

nice shots, very relaxed performance!

I think all of these shots are excellent, you have captured the atmosphere, surroundings and artists well. I disagree with the comments about needing more of the instruments in the shots as in each you can tell what they are doing, we are never left wondering what instrument any person is playing.

I would also like to add that I think you have done a great job or processing the images as well. They are all virtually noiseless and the black and white conversion is spot on for the subject.

Good work Adrian.

Steve said:
I think all of these shots are excellent, you have captured the atmosphere, surroundings and artists well. I disagree with the comments about needing more of the instruments in the shots as in each you can tell what they are doing, we are never left wondering what instrument any person is playing.

I would also like to add that I think you have done a great job or processing the images as well. They are all virtually noiseless and the black and white conversion is spot on for the subject.

Good work Adrian.

Many thanks for the encouragement folks, especially Steve. Re de-noising, I use NeatImage after trying pretty much all of its competitors. For B&W conversion I use a PS plug-in called Convert to B&W Pro from TheImagingFactory. $99 but worth every penny (cent?) IMO as it gives true conversion with a host of features over and above anything that using the channel mixer in PS can do.

http://www.theimagingfactory.com

I like them all. I think you've done well there in tight surroundings, and as a result there's a nice intimate feel to the pics. You could also well believe they'd been shot on monochrome film. An excellent performance, especially if you'd had a few sherbets!! :shock: :

Back