Answered Font change

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
The Title is Help, but I am not looking for help, just saying.

Somehow the forum looks different, my eyes seem to be searching (getting distracted). I think it may be the font, it looks strange somehow, unless it is just my eyes. I am on my laptop, and I have not changed anything. :thinking:

Has the forum gone though some sort of upgrade today? the fonts and sizes are all showing differently for me (I like the new look i'm getting though). I've checked my browser settings and there are no changes.

Not really concerned about it, but it just seems a bit odd.

@Marcel has been tinkering as he put it ...
Yes the font has changed.

TFFT, I thought I was going crazier! :wacky::help:

I, too, noticed the different font style and even a subtle change in shading when viewed in Chrome browser on the PC - but only because it seems easier on the eyes so I wouldn't mind if it stays like this.

I like it, a lot. Its a nice font. FWIW i'd like it to be kept ;)

I think it looks a bit like Tahoma, it seems a little harsh at times, when there is a lot of text. Oh well, so long as it not my eyes going funny.
Thanks for taking time to explain. :)

Glad I saw this thread, just assumed it was my eyes
Prefer it to the previous font, hope it stays

The font is certainly eye catching, and all the thread headings catch my eyes at once. I struggled with it at first, probably because I have lazy eyes, and my eyes tire easily. :)

Just been checking the forum viewing preference, only Day or Night preferences. Oh well, I will make sure my glasses are nice and clean.

PS

Still very grateful for what we receive. I don't want to come across as a moaning, and ungrateful old git. :)

Yeah I was tinkering and have switched over to a hopefully easier to read but less intrusive font.

Yeah I was tinkering and have switched over to a hopefully easier to read but less intrusive font.

Looks good to me, very easy on the eye.

So some say they thought their eyes or computer had gone funny, but say the new look is better. What they should be saying is, they assumed their eyes or Computer had gotten better. :)

Awww Ok, I like it too. :)

Edit. Not really.

Last edited:
Makes no difference to me - neither like or dislike it, it's just what we have!

It's too 'squished' - I don't like it. The previous font was much better.

It may be OK for people with 20/20 vision and young eyes, but for old farts with glasses or eye problems it's MUCH harder to read. :(

It may be OK for people with 20/20 vision and young eyes, but for old farts with glasses or eye problems it's MUCH harder to read. :(

Yes that is it, words do look squished together. A bit of an old fart myself, with poor eyesight. I too preferred the previous font.

Reactions: Sky
Not like the pm emails I get either very hard to read in the dark mode and impossible in light mode on my emails on the laptop
Previously it was very clear, don't want to download a different email program, happy with the one I have

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

In addition to the light and dark, be good if it were possible for a choice of fonts.

That's not the site colours, that's what I see in my email notifications on the laptop, writing used to be much brighter but now both are just an insipid greyed out colour

That's not the site colours, that's what I see in my email notifications on the laptop, writing used to be much brighter but now both are just an insipid greyed out colour

Oh I see, sorry.

How dare you - I am an old fart with glasses... :)

I am awaiting a cataract operation for my right eye, so I too have some difficulty but I use the text size adjustment setting on my laptop & tablet to up the size of the text and make it easier to read. :)

Reactions: Sky
Either there has been yet another font change, or I am seeing things. It does look better, or am I simply getting used to the font?

You must be getting used to it - it's still the same one.

You must be getting used to it - it's still the same one.

I thought the title heading looked sharper, and seem to have a slight stenciled look to them. Yes, must be just getting used to the look. :)

Hey Im an old fart with glasses too!

Hey Im an old fart with glasses too!

But who are you tweaking the forum for? Younger eyes should have no trouble reading most fonts, it's us older ones struggle with hard to read font. ;)

PS

I am sure we are all grateful for whatever we get. :)

Last edited:
Ive always been able to read the fonts no problem, large or small.
I've just found another one, how does that look if you switch to "New Font Test (Day Colours)" style, I've just enabled it for users :)
I've changed the main font style and slightly adjusted the sizes used too.

Ive always been able to read the fonts no problem, large or small.
I've just found another one, how does that look if you switch to "New Font Test (Day Colours)" style, I've just enabled it for users :)
I've changed the main font style and slightly adjusted the sizes used too.

What do we do, just re fresh?

Annotation 2020-01-25 165341.png

Just click whatever you see there, to change the style and it auto refreshes for you

Back