Footie girlpower

sunnyside_up

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Bethy
Edit My Images
No
Nice shots, I’ve been experimenting with this myself. Looking at your settings you’ve not been using very fast SS on these. I really like the first one, but it would maybe be better with the background slightly less exposed. Really nice either way.

They look like they mean business ;-)
Love the pov. Light/colours & tones.
Very inspiring.

Gaz

Good to see some more of your people work on here Bethy :) Excellent images and powerful communication - personally I'd have gone for a very slightly higher viewpoint on the first two, but can't fault the lighting on all (as ever)! Dunno if I might have been tempted to clone out the little bit of shorts showing below each of the girls' right thighs on 1 & 2..... (you knew there had to be something :p)
Excellent work as ever though Bethy. I remain humbled by the portrait queen :clap:
Jim

Where you been?!

Prefer the first given the placement between the trees over the second, looks a tough exposure balance. Probably a good job you didn't get the brolly out today!

Like the simplicity of the last one, very you!

Nice shots, I’ve been experimenting with this myself. Looking at your settings you’ve not been using very fast SS on these. I really like the first one, but it would maybe be better with the background slightly less exposed. Really nice either way.
Thanks Rick... no, wasn't uber HSS... but enough to call it that. :) Point taken on the first shot, ideally, I should have been using an ND filter but sadly forgot it at home. Thanks for your feedback! Much appreciated.

They look like they mean business ;-)
Love the pov. Light/colours & tones.
Very inspiring.

Gaz
Why thank you, sir! :)

powerful shots. nice work
Thanks Heath, for your comment.

Love the one of little Immy!
Thanks Paul. She's a bugger, but a real charmer.

Good to see some more of your people work on here Bethy :) Excellent images and powerful communication - personally I'd have gone for a very slightly higher viewpoint on the first two, but can't fault the lighting on all (as ever)! Dunno if I might have been tempted to clone out the little bit of shorts showing below each of the girls' right thighs on 1 & 2..... (you knew there had to be something :p)
Excellent work as ever though Bethy. I remain humbled by the portrait queen :clap:
Jim
Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim... you can't resist can you. :)
Thanks for your comments/feedback. I know what you're saying about the shorts, but it didn't bother me too much, so I just left it.
It's good to be back... :)

Where you been?!

Prefer the first given the placement between the trees over the second, looks a tough exposure balance. Probably a good job you didn't get the brolly out today!

Like the simplicity of the last one, very you!
Thanks Kris. I've been about... took the summer off, just getting back into it again now that Christmas is rearing it's festive head. Hope you're keeping well! :)
Feedback taken on board, I may revisit these and see what I can do about the crops.

Thanks for your feedback/comments, fellas.

Thanks Kris. I've been about... took the summer off, just getting back into it again now that Christmas is rearing it's festive head. Hope you're keeping well! :)
Feedback taken on board, I may revisit these and see what I can do about the crops.

Thanks for your feedback/comments, fellas.

Cue the xmas card, whatever are you going to dress him up in this year :D

V pleased to see you back :)

Have you changed your processing defaults? I like the new style!

These are so very good that it would be churlish to nit-pick but here are a couple of teeny tiny observations... I doubt whether I'd have spotted them at the time and got the engagement you've managed.

The wide angle and low viewpoint has foreshortened the footballers slightly. It doesn't matter in the first because she's leaning forwards from the waist but it hasn't done the second any favours. I might try to mitigate it a little by fiddling with the perspective correction panel in lightroom, especially the aspect & vertical sliders.

I wonder.. whether a different location would make the footballers pictures even stronger? A football pitch or perhaps an urban location, maybe? Or would that be over-doing it?

Last even smaller thing.. I reckon the 'both hands on hips' pose can look less contrived if the hands are at slightly different heights. Obviously if you want the power of the symmetry then leave as is.

V pleased to see you back :)

Have you changed your processing defaults? I like the new style!

These are so very good that it would be churlish to nit-pick but here are a couple of teeny tiny observations... I doubt whether I'd have spotted them at the time and got the engagement you've managed.

The wide angle and low viewpoint has foreshortened the footballers slightly. It doesn't matter in the first because she's leaning forwards from the waist but it hasn't done the second any favours. I might try to mitigate it a little by fiddling with the perspective correction panel in lightroom, especially the aspect & vertical sliders.

I wonder.. whether a different location would make the footballers pictures even stronger? A football pitch or perhaps an urban location, maybe? Or would that be over-doing it?

Last even smaller thing.. I reckon the 'both hands on hips' pose can look less contrived if the hands are at slightly different heights. Obviously if you want the power of the symmetry then leave as is.
Cheers dude...
Changed a bit, but not limited to... :)

Thanks for your feedback, always appreciated.
I know the location wasn't ideal... it was an afterthought - I said 'bring your footie kit' and we'll take a couple of shots... we had to work with the location we had. This was the best out of all the options.
To be fair, the second, Sophie, she was a bit harder to get the look/pose I was after regardless, but I take on board what you're saying and I'll certainly have a look and see what i can do with the perspective sliders.
Good tip on the hands. We did a few different poses, hands on hips, one arm holding ball, etc... I fancied these the best. But good tip, I'll remember that one. :)

Thanks for all your comments, always appreciated. :)

Great images, but I would echo some of the thoughts on the viewpoint being too low - I can the effect that is being sought however so understand why.

Back