For fork sake! NEW IMAGES ADDED

A poet (Gilles Vigneault from Natashquan) in Québec said:
"There is no time to lose, just lost time!"
I see that you haven't lost the time you had to lose!

Good shot and well lit, it's refreshing to see something different!

now leave just one pair of forks and balance an egg between them, shooting from square on.

Example (not mine so just linking)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fmclik/13941906302/in/faves-8326393@N02/

Hmm never thought of this, will give it a bash this weekend.
Cheers for the inspiration.

Good shot and well lit, it's refreshing to see something different!

Thank you kindly! Not bad for on board flash from the little Fuji XM1
I wish I was this imaginative.

I'm sure you are. Just do what I do and walk around the house and try to look at things from a photographic perspective, something usually clicks.

Not bad for on board flash from the little Fuji XM1

I was wondering how the forks were lit and the wee camera flash has done well The front edge of the nearest fork is a bit 'hot' but shiny metal is very difficult to light at the best of times. Amazing what inspiration can be achieved by rummaging through drawers.

I was wondering how the forks were lit and the wee camera flash has done well The front edge of the nearest fork is a bit 'hot' but shiny metal is very difficult to light at the best of times. Amazing what inspiration can be achieved by rummaging through drawers.
Thanks Derek, yes inspiration is everywhere.
I have another shot planned and I think this time I will try to diffuse the flash even more, even if it means cutting the bottom of a milk carton (empty one obviously :D )

Very nicely done Stuart.

Fab shot! Love the lines!

Here's another idea for you...and by no means intended in the visual :)
Flippin the Fork by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

There's someone on here, can't remember who, who has done a lot of fork manipulation photos... really cool stuff...

Cheers Beth and thanks for the inspiration too!
Think I'm going to have to acquire some cheap forks as I'm sure the missus won't be impressed if I start bending the good ones :LOL:

This is nice Stuart, great idea and very well executed.(y)

George.

Ok so after some other suggestions I tried the egg setup. Might have came out better with better lighting control alas on board flash was still all I had to hand. I also made a paper infinity curve rather than using the microwave this time.
With the 2nd image I am pleased with the concept but annoyed that the top of the egg has lost its definition. Will revisit this shot at some point.
Anyway enjoy and thanks for looking!

Forking eggstra 1 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Forking eggstra 2 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Thanks Derek, yes inspiration is everywhere.
I have another shot planned and I think this time I will try to diffuse the flash even more, even if it means cutting the bottom of a milk carton (empty one obviously :D )
I've also used the various thickness foam packing sheets you find with phones and other electrical goods if you find the milk carton isn't diffused enough.

great shots stu. I remember when I did a set of these i think I spent about 30mins sitting staring at the forks contemplating different positions and at which point my wife walking in with an impression of 'what the fork are you doing now' lol

Some really good creative work here, love the lighting.

Back