Ford key fob question.

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
My fob has stopped working a new battery hasn't solved it. I've tried reprogramming to key with the steps in the ford manual but didn't get any beeps. Is the lack of beeps because the transmitter in the fob knackered?

@nilagin any ideas?

I've never known a transmitter to become unresponsive, but I guess it can happen.

You may find an answer in http://www.talkford.com/community/

Are you sure you inserted the new battery the correct way up? I believe there is also a time limit on fitting the replacement battery once the duff battery is removed.

Yeah I had it in the r
I've never known a transmitter to become unresponsive, but I guess it can happen.

You may find an answer in http://www.talkford.com/community/

Are you sure you inserted the new battery the correct way up? I believe there is also a time limit on fitting the replacement battery once the duff battery is removed.
Yeah I had it in the right way but tried the other way to make sure. I'll have a read of the post. You can buy third party ones on eBay for a tenner will a high Street key cutter cut car keys?

That happened to me a couple of years ago with a Ford; it wasn't the fob battery, but the fob wouldn't do anything.
A friend told me that, very occasionally, the receiver in the car can mess up, and to disconnect the car battery for ten minutes and let everything fully power down and reset.
When I reconnected, the fob once again worked, but I also had to hunt down where I'd put the radio code.

That happened to me a couple of years ago with a Ford; it wasn't the fob battery, but the fob wouldn't do anything.
A friend told me that, very occasionally, the receiver in the car can mess up, and to disconnect the car battery for ten minutes and let everything fully power down and reset.
When I reconnected, the fob once again worked, but I also had to hunt down where I'd put the radio code.
Ok thank you I'll try this one I find the radio code.

Ok thank you I'll try this one I find the radio code.

I had to replace a battery on a ford a good few years ago - was off the car for over 10 mins, didn't have to re-input the radio code though, which was a pleasant surprise (I'd dig it out ready to re-input)

Back