Beginner Formation Flying

Edit My Images
No
Felt this was one worth sharing. I just happened to have my camera handy playing with my new Canon 70-200 f4 USM IS L lens when I spotted these two flying in formation near to the Battle of Britain memorial and it reminded me of when the Spitfire and Hurricanes fly over. The flag was an added bonus ..................

Seagulls flying the flag by Adrian Aslett, on Flickr

Last edited:
Right place and right time.(y)

Right place and right time.(y)

Thanks Steve, you are not wrong there it just happened as I guess many of these shots do. It's good to get some response too. I often wonder why it is some people get lots of comments and others do not seem to get looked at.

I was quite pleased to get this having purchased the new Canon Lens as I have a days photography at the Wildlife Heritage Foundation at the end of the month which I am hoping to get some nice shots of the big cats with.

I often wonder why it is some people get lots of comments and others do not seem to get looked at.

Sometimes post do get overlooked particularly when lots of members are posting. It can be a number of days before a response is posted, but patience pays off.(y)

I often wonder why it is some people get lots of comments and others do not seem to get looked at.

I understand that you were chuffed to get this picture but at the time I'm looking you have had 126 views, I've posted threads and got as many views and no comments and I have come to the conclusion that some images just don't float people's boats.

I understand that you were chuffed to get this picture but at the time I'm looking you have had 126 views, I've posted threads and got as many views and no comments and I have come to the conclusion that some images just don't float people's boats.

Hi Sirch, thanks I was not dissing the lack of responses and appreciate the number of views - I was simply musing out loud about what makes a post receive more responses / comments against another and how that relates to 'floating someones boat' but I guess there is no straight answer. I have posted before and did not receive much response then and wondered if this was because I purport to be a beginner in this game but again I don't think this makes any difference. What amused me about this image was not the common or garden seagulls but the fact they were flying together with the flag alongside in what appeared to be like seeing the Spitfire and Hurricanes just up the road. Then I felt I got a fairly crisp image which made me happy and hoped for some critique about this. Hey ho keep trying I guess, hopefully the WHF will present an opportunity - who knows. ;)

Back