Formby Beach.....

Name
Mike Jones
Edit My Images
No
Our first visit to Formby beach, and thankfully the sun was out..... although it was very windy......

formby5do2.jpg

formby3jj0.jpg

formby1aw6.jpg

formby2mr9.jpg

formby4nf7.jpg

formby6qh5.jpg

formby7ff2.jpg

Mike

Lovely shots Mike, 1,2 and 3 particularly. Landscapes are definitely your forte. :)

Lovely shots Mike, 1,2 and 3 particularly. Landscapes are definitely your forte. :)

Thanks CT, I really enjoyed taking these shots yesterday, and I'm loving the the Sigma 10-20mm... an excellent lens :)

Mike

Absolutely love these mate, especially #3 #4 and #4, with #4 being a clear winner out of the lot, it really does pull you in, clamps down around you and keeps you in the shot :D

What are the details of the shot? Lens? EXIF?

Absolutely love these mate, especially #3 #4 and #4, with #4 being a clear winner out of the lot, it really does pull you in, clamps down around you and keeps you in the shot :D

What are the details of the shot? Lens? EXIF?

Thanks Marcel, details as follows.... Sigma 10-20 @ 10mm, f/14, 1/60 sec, hand held, RAW.... and a bit of tweaking in photoshop :) ....I actually used the Digital Blending technique on this shot, as descibed here....... CLICKY

Mike

Oh, and I also have a Hoya 77mm Warm Circular Polarizing filter fitted to the Sigma... and the 350 was set to partial metering mode.....

Mike

oh boy, these are so lovely, I can't choose a favourite! Not straight on landscapes, you have made them interesting ;)

oh boy, these are so lovely, I can't choose a favourite! Not straight on landscapes, you have made them interesting ;)

Thanks Marianne, we were on the beach for over 2 hours.... my girlfriend had to practically drag me off.... I didn't want to leave, so much to photograph :)

Mike

Number 4 does it for me ..... I adore extreeeeeeme why-dangle lenses.

The last one for me Mike, great shot, lovely conversion.

Wish I'd been there to take some of these.............

My favourite is the one with the kite....fantastic. But like Marianne says.....each one has an interesting feature.

That 350d is doing you proud, Mike................or the other way round! :D

Nice set of shots, particularly like the perspective #4 gives - feels like it dragging you into the shot (y)

The final shot is very worthy also, lots of textures and other details brought to the fore by the BW processing:)

My favourite is the one with the kite....fantastic. But like Marianne says.....each one has an interesting feature.

That 350d is doing you proud, Mike................or the other way round! :D

Thanks Janice, we've both come a long way since the days when we had our Fuji cameras and were on S5000.net :).
The 350d is an excellent camera which, when coupled to the brilliant lenses that are available is capable of some really impressive photographs.

Thanks for all the comments (y)

Mike

Formby has just been featured on a local program "Granada Edition" tonight. Wasn't much of a piece, but coupled with these shots, I *really* want to go back there soon :D

Back