Formby Red Squirrel

Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
Yes
Formby Red

Here's a picture from Formby yesterday.

This is my first attempt at using a DSLR as opposed to a bridge camera, so I'm really pleased with how the pictures came out.

I've always struggled with the low light at Formby, so had asked another poster on here (Den) about settings last week after seeing one of his pictures. This helped enormously because it gave me a good starting point and helped with the transition from bridge to DSLR.

For a first attempt with DSLR you have done far better than I ever did, you've obviously been given some good advice from Den.

For a first attempt with DSLR you have done far better than I ever did, you've obviously been given some good advice from Den.

Thanks Darran, yes it helped enormously. Really happy with the results from this camera and it's inspiring me to get out and do more!

Great result, well done :)

Thanks John, so happy with the way this turned out!

I'm also very new to DSLR and that to me is a great shot! Inspirational, now if only I could get some Red Squirrels, instead of those grey furry tailed rats I would give it a go!

Thanks Grant! I don't mind the grey squirrels so much - well I didn't until one single handedly destroyed my bird feeder by hanging upside down on it - I do wish I'd had a camera to hand when I saw that!

Thanks Grant! I don't mind the grey squirrels so much - well I didn't until one single handedly destroyed my bird feeder by hanging upside down on it - I do wish I'd had a camera to hand when I saw that!

Join the club, I've had two destroyed :(

Nice first attempt at the red squirrel, they are such lovely creatures ... now go out and get some more photos with your DSLR :D

Join the club, I've had two destroyed :(

It's the first time I've spent more than a few quid on a feeder too, typically - got an extra large one as the birds were going through so much food!

Thanks Gramps, I'll be getting back out there soon. It's a bit addictive, in the space of a couple of weeks I've gone from 'I'll just take the bridge camera on holiday to save on space/weight' to 'I've booked space in the hold to carry the rest of my stuff so the DSLR can come with me as hand luggage. Oh, and bought a travel tripod.' :D

Back