Formula 1 Silverstone - Friday Practice

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to the F1 yesterday for the first time in 5 years, and the first time ever taking my camera. Couldn't believe how rubbish they sound! Beautiful weather though!

Didn't have the camera out for a huge amount of time, hence why the angles and whatnot are a bit 'samey'. Was initially quite disappointed with the results, especially at Luffield where the 100-400 & 7D struggled to eliminate the fencing at anything other than full zoom. Should of headed for the terrace that overlooked the fence, note to self for next time! Managed to get a few keepers below. As always, comments welcomed:

1) Probably the pick of the bunch, not least because it's a Ferrari:

Sebastian Vettel
by Sam Edwards, on Flickr

2) Grosjean couldn't rescue that one:

Romain Grosjean

3) But Alonso could, that's why in my opinion, he's still the best driver:

Fernando Alonso

4) This guy had a pretty good day:

Nico Rosberg

5) This guy, not so much:

Lewis Hamilton

6) Gettin a loada kerb:

Carlos Sainz Jr

7) And another Seb one to finish off:

Sebastian Vettel

Great shots there, very good work! There are places you can shoot over the fence (at least there were when I last went a few years ago), at the bottom of the stadium section you can actually stand above the fence line in places.

Lovely shots anyway :) really makes me wish I had gone this year.

All good and sharp but kinda lack any action imo. #2 is really good though and has the potential to be really really good. Have a look at @ReinisB 's WRC thread for the kind of shot i think it could become.

Obviously your call but it could be worth giving it a go.

I like no 2 and 3, you caught the moments very nicely.

And I agree, the cars sound awful at the moment, and I am sick to death of seeing them driven so lightly in races. But, that's is another post...

Back