Formula One through a 35mm lens - Yas Marina Test

Edit My Images
No
I was lucky enough to attend the Abu Dhabi test last week. I only took a 35mm lens. Loads more images and full story here.

untitled-14.jpg

Great set on your site. Love the low POV shots and envious of the access you had. ;-)

How was that lotus shot done. Was that effect straight out the camera or PP??

Absolutely incredible shots... May I ask which software you use to frame each photo on your website?

You made the most out of that lens, Great set :)

Thanks very much.

I really like the Lotus from above

Cheers.

Great set on your site. Love the low POV shots and envious of the access you had. ;-)

:agree: That's the money shot for me too! One body, one lens and one [at least] fabulous photo!

Very kind of you to say so :)

How was that lotus shot done. Was that effect straight out the camera or PP??

Shot was taken from the bridge that crosses the track (from the Viceroy to the paddocks). I'd normally drag the shutter to get some motion, but this shot was taken with the camera held way over my head, so panning at a slow speed was too difficult. So, the effect is added PP.

Absolutely incredible shots... May I ask which software you use to frame each photo on your website?

Thank you :)

Not software, but CSS. If you Google CSS and Shadow, you'll find loads of information on it e.g. http://css3gen.com/box-shadow/ Good luck :)

It's a good strong set, with some wonderful shots.
I do however find the chromatic abberation most annoying.

Thanks Jake.

CA - fair point. These images were processed on my new Macbook. Normally, CA is removed as part of import actions, but I've not yet set this up in LR on the Macbook. I do apologise :)

Thanks Jake.

CA - fair point. These images were processed on my new Macbook. Normally, CA is removed as part of import actions, but I've not yet set this up in LR on the Macbook. I do apologise :)
I did wonder if it was a simple thing of missing them as I'd not noticed it in your work before.
At least it's an easy fix :)

Excellent. I bet you'd have not been able to show half these images had you taken a few more lenses. Thinking out of the box by limiting to one lens only has really paid off here.

Some fantastic images on your link, really love the colours/high key images

Great shot of the Lotus :)

Just had a look through the series of shots - excellent set. Really jealous :)

Great shot of the Lotus :)

Just had a look through the series of shots - excellent set. Really jealous :)

Thanks Andy. This was my last chance to see the team in action. I left Lotus on New Year's Eve :( But on the plus side I have some images I will one day print and hang on my office wall at home :)

Thanks Andy. This was my last chance to see the team in action. I left Lotus on New Year's Eve :( But on the plus side I have some images I will one day print and hang on my office wall at home :)

I certainly would - think I'd also make a photo book from these and really make my friends jealous.

Really good set, amazing how you can think different to others when met with a challenge of only having that focal length lens

Back