Fort William World Cup

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I've decided to tag along one of my friends up to the DH World Cup at Fort William this year, and of course the camera is going with me!

Just thought I'd see if I could garner any knowledge from you wise folks here for shooting tips and techniques!
What lenses would you guys recommed, as far as I know, you're quite close to the track so I was thinking maybe 17-70 and 90-300? or an all round 18-200 type thing.

Any tips, gear tips, techniques and whatever else would be much appreciated.

Cheers all,

Nick

There is very little "World Cup" about Fort Willie!

Hi Nick,

You're probably better off posting in the Sports forum however, as the track is in the open, and it'll be packed with spectators, take a long fast lens and plenty of beer.

I've been as a spectator but didnt have my camera back then.
I would take the 17-70 for most of the shots, as you can get very close to the DH riders, although the 90-300 could be good if you find yourself on a straight of the 4x.
When we were there it rained both days, so make sure you have something to cover your gear and yourself.
If you want a prime spot you will need to be in place early and finally if you're feeling cheeky it might be worth taking a hi-vis jacket as when we went anyone with one seemed to push to the front.

i went a few years back and we could get very close to most of the track.

the only thing we struggled to get near was the 4x as there was so many people

Back