Forth Bridges with the D750

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been out getting to grips with my new D750 this week! Not really sure if these constitute Scenic or Architecture but as its a bridge I've put it here!

1. Forth Road Bridge and Construction of New Queensferry Crossing

D750 & Nikon 70-200 f4 VR

2. Forth Rail Bridge

D750 & Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art

I'd say scenic... But the light in number 2 is very nice on the side of the bridge!

Heh, right round the corner from me! One thing though - the post is a little heavy. Check the halos around the towers on the 2nd picture...

I'd say scenic... But the light in number 2 is very nice on the side of the bridge!

Thanks!

Heh, right round the corner from me! One thing though - the post is a little heavy. Check the halos around the towers on the 2nd picture...

Thanks, I'm not sure what's happened as I can't see any haloing on the original it might be compression with being uploaded.

Now they're two beautiful pictures. Great work!

Thanks David, appreciated!

Only viewing on my ipad but they look god to me. Being local I'm enjoying seeing the new Bridge progressing and in years to come it will be good to have these images.

brig fower by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

2 is iconic...just to break the mould take some sky out and glisten the water...minor point as well ...clone out the old ferry lighting poles

i have cropped so that the rail deck and its shadow are equally placed on the rh border and etc

do you live round there?
cheers
geof

Last edited:
The Forth Bridge (as it's actually called) is simply stunning to see in person. It's a marvel of engineering and I'm glad it's been granted world heritage status.

Back