Forth Rail and Road Bridges

Really love the second. Iconic view and a beautiful circumstances.

Thanks for your comments Viv, I agree that the second shot is the stronger of the two.

Thanks also to those who liked the images.

Chris

Lovely blue hour shots, the second works better for me with the whole bridge and that bit of light on the surface. The silhouette is nice but lacks a little something.

Thanks Alan, you're right about the first shot, the silhouette is not ideal, but given the late hour it was the best I could do at the time. My eye was caught by the patterns made by the cables - that, and the fact that I love a big bridge!

Chris

I don't know enough to offer any critique on your photos other than to say they look very good to me, particularly the bottom one. I like the way the two lights are reflected on the water, sort of the opposite way that the bridge is going......if that makes sense? I quite like the pinpricks of street/house lights from the far bank on the right hand side.

I would critique you on one thing though. There aint no such thing as the Forth Rail Bridge, It's the Forth Bridge. lol ;) Smashing photos though, I really like do like them.

Thanks for your feedback and comments cj4now, much appreciated.

I didn't realise that I had got the name wrong - I'll amend the file name in Flickr - thank you for pointing the correct name.

I hope to be back in Edinburgh in the next week or so and should have some photography time too.

Chris

lol Not at all Foxbat, Tbh the vast majority call it the forth rail bridge.......I was just being a wee bit pedantic. :) Arthurs Seat would possibly be a nice vantage point to capture the city, You'd get views of the Pantheon from there as well.(assuming you weren't aware of this of course). Look forward to seeing your pics anyway.

lol Not at all Foxbat, Tbh the vast majority call it the forth rail bridge.......I was just being a wee bit pedantic. :) Arthurs Seat would possibly be a nice vantage point to capture the city, You'd get views of the Pantheon from there as well.(assuming you weren't aware of this of course). Look forward to seeing your pics anyway.

I have a panorama taken from Arthur's Seat, created from a few stitched shots - I quite like it, but it's really good enough for posting here. I'm hoping to visit the Kelpies and spend some time exploring the city whilst I'm up there.

Chris

Back