TP2.0 Forum upgrade

Nod

Kronus
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
My workaround (I really do have problems avoiding temptation, hence me wanting to keep the classifieds closed!) is to scroll down as far as I want then hit the End key to take me to the bottom of the forum. As Ingrid says, not a massive problem.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I's not a big issue for me, it makes scrolling past the 4 sections I never or rarely look at easier, but
if it can't be done because of my set up then so be it. I enjoy the forum too much and appreciate what Marcel
does for us
Only an issue on my ipad in that it takes up far too much space, agree with you about Marcel and the forum.

Cobra

Just not grey enough
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
The new smilies though - awful.

From :police: to :bat:are the old ones and then again from :angelic: to :marcel:

Looking through the recently added gallery it’s mostly full of images of gear for sale. Seems a backward step to me.
Its the forum software that is pulling images from the forum gallery, and it seems that most people use the gallery for bits and pieces, ie stuff they don't want
on their flicker page.
Marcel has the Core working and he's now working on the peripheral bits.
Hopefully this is something that' be rectified.

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
From :police: to :bat:are the old ones and then again from :angelic: to :marcel:

Its the forum software that is pulling images from the forum gallery, and it seems that most people use the gallery for bits and pieces, ie stuff they don't want
on their flicker page.
Marcel has the Core working and he's now working on the peripheral bits.
Hopefully this is something that' be rectified.
Thanks for the reply. That would make sense with the gallery. I found out a few weeks back how easy it is to upload images directly from my phone to the threads. I’m going to do that from now on rather have images disappear off the forum through flickr deleting them when you hit the limit.

The new forum does look great

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
Marcel - I'm liking the new format too, so many thanks for your hard work (y)
- however I cannot find a way to delete single photos (not complete albums) from any of my media albums, to make way for more recent photos. Also, I now see that when we transferred from the earlier software to the new, some of my photos have been duplicated in their respective album - these too I wish to remove to make more space and keep within my 50MB limit.
Russ

Last edited:

Cobra

Just not grey enough
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
however I cannot find a way to delete single photos (not complete albums) from any of my media albums,
when you click on an image to open it, do you not get a delete button under it? I can see it
(it maybe a mod only function of course)

Cobra

Just not grey enough
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
OP
OP
Marcel

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Staff member
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
- No joy Chris I'm afraid. I'm on a Windows 10 PC, using IE browser.
When you go to your media gallery, there are two ways to delete.
One is to check multiple photos one by one, like this
190113_000348.jpg
The checkbox only appears when you hover over the image.
Then when youve checked an image (or more), a toolbar appears at the bottom, you can choose delete from the menu and click ok:)

The other way is to open up the image itself and underneath, like Cobra says, there should be a Delete link
190113_000544.jpg

OP
OP
Marcel

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Staff member
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having the same problem, both in Chrome and Edge. I can select some or all of the items in my Gallery but the only action available in the menu at the bottom is "Move media items..."
That's strange. I've just analyzed your permissions and you can clearly delete items in your Media Gallery
190113_003419.jpg

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
That's strange. I've just analyzed your permissions and you can clearly delete items in your Media Gallery
View attachment 235017

It's not a big problem, it's only one album with five images of sold items, but I definitely only have the option to move them and nothing else. :thinking:

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
When you go to your media gallery, there are two ways to delete.
One is to check multiple photos one by one, like this
View attachment 235015
The checkbox only appears when you hover over the image.
Then when youve checked an image (or more), a toolbar appears at the bottom, you can choose delete from the menu and click ok:)

The other way is to open up the image itself and underneath, like Cobra says, there should be a Delete link
View attachment 235016
Hi Marcel, sorry but neither work for me. As Andrea says above, I get the option to "move media items" only, with none of the other media permissions you show in tour post. Puzzling!
Russ

OP
OP
Marcel

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Staff member
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
If either of you create an album now, can you delete it?
Same goes with an upload.

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
I tried this on my big PC this morning and it doesn't save the collapsed front page on Chrome.
Same issue with Opera which is chrome based. forums will stay collapsed only until I close the browser.

Edit My Images
No
Not sure if I've missed it but how do you archive a classified advert? Can't see it anywhere on desktop or mobile. Thank you.

Cobra

Just not grey enough
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Not sure if I've missed it but how do you archive a classified advert? Can't see it anywhere on desktop or mobile. Thank you.
You can't at the moment,
either mark as sold by editing the title ( prefix) and it should auto archive.
or RTM the thread ( please provide a link) and one of the greenies will do it for you.

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes