Found my old Pentax

Name
Glenn McKinnon
Edit My Images
Yes
I was clearing out an cupboard full of old cr*p today and huddled down in the corner was an old carrier bag. I opened it up and was gobsmacked to find my old camera which I thought I had lost 15 years ago.

It's a Pentax SF1-n and 2 lenses, a Pentax F 28-80 3.5-4.5 and a Hoya 100-300 5.6.

After checking it over I found that one of the batteries has had a slight leek, but nothing significant and it still has a half used roll of film in it.

I cleaned up the terminals put in new batteries and everything seems to working fine.

2 questions 1. What are the chances that the film will still be ok to get processed and 2. is there any demand for this type of camera now and will I be able to get anything for it.

I've had a quick google and found a few for sale, not for very much though (only had a very quick look it must be said).

I would stick some film in it and have a play. :)

I would stick some film in it and have a play. :)

I think your right DarknFuzzy, I wasn't expecting to get much for it anyway, maybe a small contribution towards some new kit.

I'm certainly going to have a play with it before it goes, if only to check it still works.

Hi,

Well done!!

The film should still be OK, as long as it has been kept dry and fairly cool, but I wouldn't send it to a cheap lab, but to a professional one.

As a former police scenes of crime photographer, I was occasionally asked to try and D&P a film that had been found or which might have been of evidential value. I had no special training in forensice D&P, but I developed a couple of films once that were 40 years old, using not special techniques, but care.

Good luck.

Wow, a real CSI, my wife is gonna be impressed.

Thanks for the suggestion Doug. I will take it to a pro, although remembering what my togging was like back then, I'm expecting nothing but OOF under exposed rubbish.:shrug:

Back