Four from Cumbria in January

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
Four from North Cumbria during January – not the greatest of Winters thus far up here. The South seems to have had better spells than us. Had four days up at Glen Affric and didn’t manage a single decent pic although the location was stunning.

I really like that 3rd shot. Maybe not so much the processing but the composition is great. Lovely soft subtle light, bet you loved being out and about taking that/

The others...well you know my thoughts without me even saying anything.

2 and 3 only...beautiful coverage

1, 2 and 4 for me!

I like to be different.

1st for me.
Erherial.

Like em all. Love tree's taken in these conditions :)

Gaz

2+3 here, they stand out, a lovely set all round though.

Very nice I love the 1, 2 & 3

Cheers Folks

I really like that 3rd shot. Maybe not so much the processing but the composition is great. Lovely soft subtle light, bet you loved being out and about taking that/

The others...well you know my thoughts without me even saying anything.

Knee was giving me serious hassle after a little twist so Beda Fell seemed a sensible wander - not a massive walk.

1,2 & 4 for me ;)

#3 is nice also but personally I think there's too much f/g
Cropping a chunk of the bottom improves the composition IMHO

Mike

Tried it. Didn't like it. Unusual for me as I like a 5:4 for vertical shots and not often I go as long and tall as this. Curves worked for me.

1 & 2 for me Mark, with the 2nd just edging it, love the tonal range and processing in the 2 mono's.

Cheers Neil - a bit of a roundabout route with my mono's open in LR, across to Silver Efex, back to LR, on to CC for a soft grey and then back to LR for vignette and maybe a slight touch up..Death by preset/action

Nice set there Mark but I think No.2 is a beauty.

Cheers Paul - hope you are well.

I like all 4 but 1 & 4 are my favourites. I'm a sucker for misty trees.

They are all of a high quality, the standout shot for me is 3, you really feel like you are there, leaning over looking down and down into the patchwork quilt scene. 2 is a really strong composition too that a lot of people would walk past!

All very nice as usual Mark, but love the quirky nature of the last shot with the shallow DOF. Lovely.

they are all nice but 3 and 4 stand out to me I like number 3 with the aerial view with all the walls and roads acting as lead lines. I also really like number 4 it has a kind of dark mysterious feel to it.

Hi Mark, I love 2, 3 & 4! really beautiful, have you thought about entering any in http://www.southamptoninternationalexhibition.co.uk ? You'll have to be quick cos entries close in a couple of days!

I recall one very similar to no 2 won best landscape, and another colour image of a tree won best image! (not in the same year) Might be worth a try? ;)

4 is my favourite for sure. Massive contrast between shape of the trees, plenty of interest and great background too.

Cheers folks for the continued comments.

All very nice as usual Mark, but love the quirky nature of the last shot with the shallow DOF. Lovely.

The Nikon 105mm f2.5 - gorgeous old lens.

Hi Mark, I love 2, 3 & 4! really beautiful, have you thought about entering any in http://www.southamptoninternationalexhibition.co.uk ? You'll have to be quick cos entries close in a couple of days!

I recall one very similar to no 2 won best landscape, and another colour image of a tree won best image! (not in the same year) Might be worth a try? ;)

Thanks, but no more competitions for me - I enter the LPOTY each year but 2016 was my last year.

Back