Fox Cubs (4 months old)

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
The 2 surviving cubs out of 6 are now approx 4 months old and getting more and more difficult to photograph. They like birds when young are pretty unafraid of anything? But now they are maturing a bit are getting there fox senses, so like the adults if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction or they get a sight of any movement from my cover they will not come near.

I keep saying this is last time I going to try, and after a couple of weeks of 2 and 3 hours staring at nothing have had no luck since these images. But being stuborn and there not much happening on the bird front I keep going one more time :)

Fox Cub (4 months old) by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Last edited:
We have 2 families of foxes on the field at the end of our garden, 1 adult male with 2 females and 8 cubs, not all about now though.
Of these 2 do not run if we go into the garden and one does come into the garden but will go if we get too close! Really enjoy watching them.IMG_20200804_164811_232.jpg

You've had some wonderful shots so time and effort was very much worth it ,so many thanks for sharing them, and have really enjoyed seeing them.

The 2 surviving cubs out of 6 are now approx 4 months old and getting more and more difficult to photograph. They like birds when young are pretty unafraid of anything? But now they are maturing a bit are getting there fox senses, so like the adults if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction or they get a sight of any movement from my cover they will not come near.

I keep saying this is last time I going to try, and after a couple of weeks of 2 and 3 hours staring at nothing have had no luck since these images. But being stuborn and there not much happening on the bird front I keep going one more time :)

"Cracking" set of images, nothing more to be said.

George.

like the first mick they are all cool but the first has a tiny bit of menace in it, i guess it's just a transient pose while she's eating. but just for that split second she looks more like a fox and less something cuddly, nice !! well caught bro !!........... the shaft of light behind her is cool, maybe worth ,exploiting if the chance ever comes again

As before bud all credit some graft's gone into these, fair play !!

stu

Back