Foxy

Love pictures like this showing the natural habitat, well spotted, but I bet you smelt it before you saw it ;)

Didn't smell it but I know what you mean, the mornings around the hen shed and I know a fox has paid us a visit.

Always good to see :)

I often see foxes and deer as I drive through the forest onthe way to work. Unfortunately some days they have not made it across the road.

I remember getting home just one late afternoon and all 30 hens had been killed and their bodies were everyhwere where they had run for cover and the fox had taken just 1. The game keeper told me he'll be back for more but I collected every dead hen and locked them away, it was awful picking up the little warm bodies. Such a shame, the eggs they laid had golden yolks. Collecting the eggs was great picking up warm eggs, golden brown.:(
There was another year the farmer where I worked had hundreds sheeps and they had to go out with their lambs and on one season the younger of twins were being taken by a fox at night. One day the farmer and myself picked every single lamb up and put thick marking paint on the back of its neck to stop the fox taking them, I remember there were hundreds of lambs. We worked from dusk till dawn but the method worked.

Try living in London - I rarely go a day without seeing one! (Not sure to what extent that counts as 'wild' though) :)

Try living in London - I rarely go a day without seeing one! (Not sure to what extent that counts as 'wild' though) :)
Isn't everything in London 'wild'? :D

Back