Framing Companies - recommendations and experience

Name
Carlo
Edit My Images
Yes
Good Morning,

from looking around and suggestions i have come up with 4 framing companies that i plan to contact regarding samples boards.

The 4 are: Loxley, Kaleidoscope, Ultimat and Photography Framing.

I just wondered if anyone could share their expriences with theses companies?

Also regarding sample boards, how are the frames attached, ar they easy to come off to help with a customer viewing?

Thanks

In the last 5 years we have used Ultimat, followed by Photography Framing, followed by Kaleidoscope, and Kaleidosope we have stuck with for the longest by far.
Ultimat have a better range of mounts, PF have a massive range of frames, Kaleidoscope have given us the most consistent quality and service.
The samples are just attached with velcro, so easy to take off.

A

was tempted at looking at loxley at main supplier, i take you have never used them?

No, have never used Loxley. We've had sample mounts/mouldings from all the ones we have used, and there should be a discount on frames which are for your display purposes.

A

Have you tried looking in the yellow pages for local framers shops? I have one near to me and I cannot fault them. I can have ant chevron samples I like for free, the quality is superb and the prices are excellent.

What he said. Try a local framer, saves on postage as well.

Yep local is best i use a guy in Bolton for work im selling and a place in Preston for personal stuff

never really considered local framers, but think will jave a look around, do locals offer sample frames.

Another question is how do you price a frame, what markup do you put on each frame?

thanks

Back