Framing fun with a TLR

Peter B

Double Numpty
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
3 shots of a ruined cottage with a Yashicamat 124 G and Fuji Acros 100. I realised there would be a parallax problem with the taking lens seeing the scene a bit lower than the viewing lens, but I couldn't believe I missed the end of the bath as it was clearly in the viewfinder, but it wasn't to be.:( A return trip with a wider angle might be in order.
2018-06-10-0005-copy-tp.jpg

2018-06-10-0007-copy-tp.jpg

2018-06-10-0003-copy-tp.jpg

I suppose the proper fix is to use a tripod and something like the Minolta Paradjuster or perhaps a Mamiya Paramender (the latter is more common than the former). If you have a geared centre column you could even just wind it up a couple of iches after you've composed the shot.

I suppose the proper fix is to use a tripod and something like the Minolta Paradjuster or perhaps a Mamiya Paramender (the latter is more common than the former). If you have a geared centre column you could even just wind it up a couple of iches after you've composed the shot.
Thanks Andrew

The building is definitely dangerous, so I shot from outside of it using the windowledge seen in the 3rd photo for placing the camera. I'd have got away with it if I'd had a wider lens, but the Yashicamat has a fixed 80mm lens as standard on 6x6, and clearly there is no additional wriggle room. :rolleyes: I might also have taken some colour shots with the Nikon F80 I had with me on holiday, but I can't recall if I had it with me at the time since it was very much a b&w shot I was after.( I may have sinned and tried a record shot with the 28mm lens on my pocket digicam just for reference, but not for posting. :whistle:)

Back