Critique Free backdrop

You have a beautiful daughter. I think I would get rid of the hair from nowhere. Good use of the reflector. I might even get it a little higher. Lightening her exposure up just a little will make her pop away from the backdrop a little more. Overall, well done!

Thank you Greg and Chuck. Luckily she likes to pose for me [emoji4] I’ll try the reflector higher next time. It was a little bright that day

I'd prefer to see her a bit more off-centre with a little more space to the (camera) right hand side. Also having her collar bone at 90 degrees to the camera is a bit severe and can give a twisty neck look which you've got away with because of the clothing and youth of the subject.

I'd agree with brightening the image a bit and the hair, but they're really minor points compared to the overall composition.

Having said all of that, it's a lovely portrait with a great expression and cheeky eye contact. One for the T-Shirt on her 18th birthday :)

I'd prefer to see her a bit more off-centre with a little more space to the (camera) right hand side. Also having her collar bone at 90 degrees to the camera is a bit severe and can give a twisty neck look which you've got away with because of the clothing and youth of the subject.

I'd agree with brightening the image a bit and the hair, but they're really minor points compared to the overall composition.

Having said all of that, it's a lovely portrait with a great expression and cheeky eye contact. One for the T-Shirt on her 18th birthday :)

Thanks for the pointer re the collar bone. I see what you mean about more space camera right. I did crop (if I remember correctly) so will check the original.

like this perhaps not so tight in the frame?

Vd8t5Us.jpg

Les :)

Lose a bit of empty space at the top (maybe even go 16:9) and yes. That's exactly how I'd shoot it. Everyone else's mileage may vary though!

Back