From Lycabetus hill

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
There are a few hills in Athens but the highest is Lycabetus, and a carriage lift system is provided to carry visitors the last couple of hundred meters to the top. Views are spectacular (if you like to see a city laid out before you) and well worth the trip.

Views towards Piraeus port - Filopappos hill can be seen behind the acropolis and Areopagus hill is further to the right.
Athens city Lycabettus-.jpg

Athens city Lycabettus--2.jpg

Athens city Lycabettus--3.jpg

Great shots. I went in 2014 and didn't do as well as that. Best vantage point in Athens

I imagine I'd prefer these in colour witness gritty processing but can't fault your choice of location

Thanks Steve. The colour shots are OK but a little murky, however processing into mono cuts through a lot of that. I think we were lucky anyway, thanks to lockdown and low visitor number we had lower levels of pollution.

Thanks Steve. The colour shots are OK but a little murky, however processing into mono cuts through a lot of that. I think we were lucky anyway, thanks to lockdown and low visitor number we had lower levels of pollution.

When I went you couldn't even make out boats in the sea. It is a hazy place. What I wouldn't give to go back

Back