From the garden

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
I love photographing flowers but my gardening knowledge is woefully lacking. Until this year I didn't even know that hostas flowered. I had some in the garden years ago but they got eaten before they had the chance - now they're in a big raised bed that the slugs can't get in. A work in progress, as with all my flower shots. It's close to what I want but I want more isolation so without the other flower shoot in the background. And no, I'm not prepared to cut a flowering shoot down for the perfect shot...............;)

Hosta by Jannyfox, on Flickr

I love photographing flowers but my gardening knowledge is woefully lacking. Until this year I didn't even know that hostas flowered. I had some in the garden years ago but they got eaten before they had the chance - now they're in a big raised bed that the slugs can't get in. A work in progress, as with all my flower shots. It's close to what I want but I want more isolation so without the other flower shoot in the background. And no, I'm not prepared to cut a flowering shoot down for the perfect shot...............;)

Hosta by Jannyfox, on Flickr
A black fluffy scarf and a spare tripod and some clothes pegs and string with which to position it behind your flower of choice. Or do you want to do it the hard way in computer? :)

A black fluffy scarf and a spare tripod and some clothes pegs and string with which to position it behind your flower of choice. Or do you want to do it the hard way in computer? :)

I had considered that, Chris, but It just wouldn't be right to me. I doubt if between me and PaintShop our cloning abilities are up to it either. I prefer to do it the natural way. I have another plant in bloom now with one really tall flower shoot and one with a lot of growing to do so all I need is the right flower facing the right way and the late afternoon sun............ If it doesn't happen this season so be it. If it was too easy it wouldn't be any fun :)

Back