Frosty Drops

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, its been a while since i posted on here so here are some frozen dew drop shots. Placed a flower behind them to add a bit of colour. MP-E 65 and 30D.

Click on pics for larger sizes.

Very sharp; I like these, and the reflections in the first two. (y)

I do like these, the first two are excellent. I presume the MP E-65 is a McCanon macro lens although these appear to be greater than 1:1.

The first shot is amazing ... (y) ... crisp colourful and bags of impact ... :clap:

The others aren't too bad either though ... ;) ... but the middle one does look a bit like a weeble duck ... :D

:p

Lovely sharpness and colours
Great interest :)

they are very good
you can almost see the ice crystals forming before your eyes! (y)

Seen these before from you Alistair and they wow me everytime I see them :clap:

First and second ones for me and the idea of using the flower to produce some colour and reflection is a great tip!

Thanks all for taking the time to view and comment.

I do like these, the first two are excellent. I presume the MP E-65 is a McCanon macro lens although these appear to be greater than 1:1.

Yep its canons 1x to 5x life size macro lens. All these were taken above x2 life size and focus stacked.

The first shot is amazing ... (y) ... crisp colourful and bags of impact ... :clap:

The others aren't too bad either though ... ;) ... but the middle one does look a bit like a weeble duck ... :D

:p

Your not the first one to notice that similarity;):D Didnt see it myself till someone pointed it out.

Seen these before from you Alistair and they wow me everytime I see them :clap:

Thanks very much Alby:D

Very nice, its amazing the patterns ice can make, I saw a picture recently where it appeared to mimic paisley!

Did you use a tripod or do you have a really steady hand?:woot:

Thanks for the comments comfortably numb. I dont use a tripod for any of my shots, i usually try and brace my elbows on the ground or my knees for these types of shots.

Fantastic photographs, you have inspired me. I dream of being able to take photographs like this one day. That first photograph is one of the most beautiful and captivating shots Ive seen lately.:clap:

Brilliant. The colours and detail are outstanding, imagine they would look amazing at a bigger size. Nice work Allie (y)

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the click for bigger image bit! fantastic! (although the link to the first image needs a //[http taken out of it to work!!)

Wow - really incredible images! (y)

They are amazing, really like those! (y)

Back