Fruit macros

Edit My Images
No
Been trying my hand at some macros of fruit with the intention of getting the syle of pics often seen in lifestyle magazines. I've posted two as I think only one wouldn't have got what I was trying to do across. Both taken with 1D mark II and Sigma 105mm EX DG Macro.

36153488-O.jpg

1/30 f/2.8 ISO100, Centre-weighted metering, flash, fluorescent lighting & reflector

36153489-O.jpg

1/200 f/2.8 ISO100, Centre-weighted metering,no flash, fluorescent lighting & reflector

Nice editing considering they were shot under flourescent light - nice 'zingy' clean colour and good whites. I like both, but the first is by far the better of the two for me.

I like them both and neither would look out of place in some glossy magazine or on a supermarket banner.

The first shot could do with just a little more depth of field to show some more of the texture from the lemon and the second is perfect for me. Both are very clean and fresh images though, I would have been very happy to have taken shots as good as those. :)

The strawberry is a cracker, love the colours.
I also agree that the first image could do with a little extra DoF.

yup love that strawberry!

They're both doing exactly what you set out to do :)

Yellow can be a strange colour to photograph. It oftn struggles to show detail in the way you expect.

They have a very 'high key' feel about them which I really like and theyre almost dripping off my monitor.

In fact I'm now off to Tescos in a few minutes to get a punnet of Strawberries!

Thanks for all the comments! :) I think I've achieved what I set out to, and I'll have another go with the lemons and add some more DOF.

Back