weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

Couple of nice shots there Dave and they look great in black & white. I love old buildings and these are nice examples.

Old
Good windmill shot, I like the shadows being cast and the few wispy clouds.

Love the windmill shot Dave, certainly suits the monochrome conversion.

Both of your images for Old are very nice. Some great contrast and definition going, and nicely composed too.

Two good B&W shots. Windmill for me.. has to say it's in very good condition considering the age.

Old
Good windmill shot, I like the shadows being cast and the few wispy clouds.
Love the windmill shot Dave, certainly suits the monochrome conversion.
Both of your images for Old are very nice. Some great contrast and definition going, and nicely composed too.
Two good B&W shots. Windmill for me.. has to say it's in very good condition considering the age.

Thank you folks.

West Blatchington looks like a lovely spot. Both really nice black and white renditions. The windmill wins for me as it’s more unusual. Fabulous that it’s still in such good shape!

West Blatchington looks like a lovely spot. Both really nice black and white renditions. The windmill wins for me as it’s more unusual. Fabulous that it’s still in such good shape!

Thank you Bebop, I really like that St Peters Church and the Windmill are across the road from each other by about 30 ft. West Blatchington Windmill is a Smock Windmill, they were called that as the people who worked them wore a big smock over themselves.

Not much liquid left in that - time for a top up ;)

Nice shoe horn - the shot is really well timed, and I like the expressions you can see. Hopefully not too long before we can enjoy this again.

Almost as much of a shoe horn as my liquid shot Dave ;) Well done!
I guess it's the feel you were going with for the shot, but it feels a bit muddy to me and I would be tempted to push and pull the blacks / whites / shadows / clarity etc. to give a punchier feel. - But then that's more my style, especially in B&W.

Last edited:
Nice archive shot - just about some liquid there or perhaps the sound was washing over you?

Nicely done Dave. When I first looked at it I thought it was reference to the voice. Good capture.

Conversions a bit flat Dave but nice shot for the theme just about enough liquid in there

Not much liquid left in that - time for a top up ;)

Nice shoe horn - the shot is really well timed, and I like the expressions you can see. Hopefully not too long before we can enjoy this again.
Almost as much of a shoe horn as my liquid shot Dave ;) Well done!
I guess it's the feel you were going with for the shot, but it feels a bit muddy to me and I would be tempted to push and pull the blacks / whites / shadows / clarity etc. to give a punchier feel. - But then that's more my style, especially in B&W.
Almost :D

A nice moment captured Dave :)
Nice archive shot - just about some liquid there or perhaps the sound was washing over you?
Nicely done Dave. When I first looked at it I thought it was reference to the voice. Good capture.
Conversions a bit flat Dave but nice shot for the theme just about enough liquid in there

Thank you folks, I was actually going for the flat type of look, but only 90 odd % happy with it.

Just about some liquid left [emoji28]

I think the darker, flatter processing helps hide the music stand - one of my pet hates when I’m trying to photograph live music [emoji4] Well timed capture.

Hopefully won’t be too long before we can get out and see some soon!

Just about some liquid left [emoji28]

I think the darker, flatter processing helps hide the music stand - one of my pet hates when I’m trying to photograph live music [emoji4] Well timed capture.

Hopefully won’t be too long before we can get out and see some soon!
There's liquid in the shot so it works for me!!

Thank you both. Might not be about for a bit as Mum has had to go into hospital about ten mins ago.

Its about time you shoe horned in a Jazz shot Dave :D

Nice Image Dave, it could do with a tiny bit more contrast, but being in a pub it does suit the atmosphere of the old days.

Hope your mum is okay, you have had more than your fair share of problems in recent times.

Pete

Nice Image Dave, it could do with a tiny bit more contrast, but being in a pub it does suit the atmosphere of the old days.

Hope your mum is okay, you have had more than your fair share of problems in recent times.

Pete

Thanks Pete, as Mum is so bad the hospital doctor phoned and asked about a DNR and that ripped me apart saying in Mums best intrest doing what you think.

Well, they is some liquid in the shot, so I guess it's not a shoehorn.
Good timing, catching the singer just right.

Nicely captured Dave the B&W conversion really suits it, not a lot of Liquid left in there I hope a top up was on it's way.

First thing I spotted was the pint! It's been so long! Lovely photo with lots of character. I'd love to have a go at gig photography, just need gigs to start up again.

Good live singing shot and there is definitely a little liquid there.
First thing I spotted was the pint! It's been so long! Lovely photo with lots of character. I'd love to have a go at gig photography, just need gigs to start up again.

Thank you both.

Many years ago my fathers job took him to many countries around the world, on one of his jobs he was in the Middle East for six months and came back with this old vase. X-T4 + XF35mm f1.4 and just natural light coming through the bedroom window.

The Vase by Dave, on Flickr

Vase by Dave, on Flickr

Back