weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

I like both but prefer #1 for the theme as well. Looks good in mono - would assume a bit busy in colour.
#2 - someone's got a lot of clearing up to do!

Nicely done Dave. I like the crop and the concentration showing on his face in the first. A nice bit of processing too. The second is great as it shows just how powerful nature is and that we should respect that. I love shots that show something that occurs infrequently like this.

Thank you Pete.

I like both but prefer #1 for the theme as well. Looks good in mono - would assume a bit busy in colour.
#2 - someone's got a lot of clearing up to do!

Thank you Helen, they only have until tomorrow to clear it all as it`s the Brighton Half marathon. Don`t think it will be done though in time.

Broken - I too like the pier best.
Ability - 2 good shots there, the 2nd certainly shows the affects of the recent storms

Is the street shot pre-focused similar to using a rangefinder type camera? A time lapse shot showing all that shingle on the move would have been interesting to see

Is the street shot pre-focused similar to using a rangefinder type camera? A time lapse shot showing all that shingle on the move would have been interesting to see

Thank you Stuart, the street shot was a straight auto focus shot while at the bus stop. Agree on the time lapse as it would of been great to see.

Very nice Dave (y)

I like the raindrops on the snowdrops, but I thought this meant spring was in the air [emoji22] more winter weather then [emoji16]

Is the freezer shot coming later? I still have no inspiration.

I like the raindrops on the snowdrops, but I thought this meant spring was in the air [emoji22] more winter weather then [emoji16]

Is the freezer shot coming later? I still have no inspiration.

I Googled snowdrops, and it seems they can and do come out in a mild winter. The weather here is rain for the next week so sadly had to be a archive shot, as freezer is too cold :D

Nicely done - I'm looking forward to some of that sunlight!

Great winter shot, lovely colours and exposure :)

Depict a Book is a good theme and also very open too, I have had a read of Dean Koontz books over the years and here is my take on Depict a Book, I wanted it in b&w and floaty as to make it creepy looking too.

The Mask by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really suits the B&W treatment :)

I don’t know the book but it does look floaty and a little creepy, so mission accomplished! B &W suits it. I am curious as to how colourful it is though.

Back