weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

So a beautiful warm sunny day here in Brighton, so Mr Xpro2 + XF23mm f1.4 and I went for a mooch on the beach as I knew what shot would be for the theme.

Old and Rusty by Dave, on Flickr

Old Winch Tool by Dave, on Flickr

Then just before I got the bus home I bumped into a great street band called the Big Push, and they had their Tools of Trade to use. Not great as it`s cropped, but all nicely on theme (y)

Tools of their Trade by Dave, on Flickr

Loving the image you've chosen, great POV which draws the viewer through the image. It really suits mono - I prefer mono for images with old rusty machinery and wood in as I think it gives more contrast, as this certainly does.

Loving the image you've chosen, great POV which draws the viewer through the image. It really suits mono - I prefer mono for images with old rusty machinery and wood in as I think it gives more contrast, as this certainly does.

Thank you Jim, the mono one was my favourite from today.

I think you chose the best shot there Dave, great composition and subject :)

Nice couple of winches :) Although the shadows are a bit harsh I think I prefer the colour one in this instance. You've got colours from the opposite sides of the colour wheel which compliment each other nicely. You could maybe even boost the saturation a little.

I like that a story is told in the black and white one. As for the band, it surely must have been a little cold to be playing outside? You've managed to get it nicely square on, well done.

Nice shots for tool Dave. I like old and rusty the most because of the colours. The rusty tool stands out well against the blue sky

Nice couple of winches :) Although the shadows are a bit harsh I think I prefer the colour one in this instance. You've got colours from the opposite sides of the colour wheel which compliment each other nicely. You could maybe even boost the saturation a little.

I like that a story is told in the black and white one. As for the band, it surely must have been a little cold to be playing outside? You've managed to get it nicely square on, well done.

Thank you, it was actually quite warm in the sun today must of been 100+ folk watching them play.

Colour version for me as well - blue and orange works nicely. That being said, despite it clearly being early in the day, it looks a little washed out and might take a bit of a push on the saturation slider?

Colour version for me as well - blue and orange works nicely. That being said, despite it clearly being early in the day, it looks a little washed out and might take a bit of a push on the saturation slider?

Thank you Alex, think it was before lunchtime when the sun was belting out, and yes on the saturation.

Great mono image for the tool theme there Dave, I was half expecting something from a jazz night ;) but i see you did manage to squeeze a music image in there :D

Great mono image for the tool theme there Dave, I was half expecting something from a jazz night ;) but i see you did manage to squeeze a music image in there :D

Thank you Paul, as @Cobra will say I can get a music shot in nearly for any theme.

Last edited:
Great image for the shot Dave. Loving how you've got the machinery as the leading line, well imagined and captured.
B&W suits it very well too and there's lots of tone between the blacks and white.
Gets a (y) from me.

Really liking the Museum image, Dave. Bang on theme & nicely processed too :)

Thank you Paul, as @Cobra will say I can get a music shot in nearly for any theme.
And oh look a Jazz shot, what a surprise :p

Good stuff - it's the cogs on the beach for me ta :)

I like the b&w winch shot the best, nice detail, museum in the background and natural processing, plus it's a good idea..

A terrific set of images yet again from you Dave!
And a musician shot too! As Chris @Cobra says...'What a surprise!":LOL:

I am having trouble picking a favourite...the b&w is excellent, the central composition works very well, and the contrasts are super, but the colour is also great...love the minimal, simple composition and of course the colours are lovely - those ruddy Fuji colours are a bit too good aren't they?:LOL:
Very nice work as always Dave!:clap:

A terrific set of images yet again from you Dave!
And a musician shot too! As Chris @Cobra says...'What a surprise!":LOL:

I am having trouble picking a favourite...the b&w is excellent, the central composition works very well, and the contrasts are super, but the colour is also great...love the minimal, simple composition and of course the colours are lovely - those ruddy Fuji colours are a bit too good aren't they?:LOL:
Very nice work as always Dave!:clap:

Thank you Gareth, I did walk past the band first and had lunch then took a couple of shots but did not really like them as should of taken the 50mm too. Look forward to you leaving cannon and joining FUJI (y)

I like both your winch images particularly old rusty looks it looks good against the blue sky.

Great set of images Dave I'll go with the first one as my pick, great PoV with no distractions the rusty tool really stands out against the blue sky.

pleasure - great dog photo, nice and sharp!

tool - I prefer the first photo, I like the contrast in the pebbly beach and the rust against the blue sky.

I'm for the mono image (quelle surprise!). Colour is a good composition but I find the light and shadows a bit too harsh.

Back