weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

Nice shots for broken Dave, that scooter had seen better days

Wild: A lovely close-up of the squirrel Dave. Unusaul to see them from the angle in the firts pic.
Broken: A nice seascape and the sky works well for me.

Nice shot - it aPIERs the sky worked in your favour!

[QUOTE="Dave70D, post: 8626335, member: 83053"....... but then the sky went a horrible grey/white so I still got my shot .......

[/QUOTE]

Great broken pier but can't decide if you are joking about the horrible sky or used a sky replacement.......:sneaky:

[QUOTE="Dave70D, post: 8626335, member: 83053"....... but then the sky went a horrible grey/white so I still got my shot .......

Great broken pier but can't decide if you are joking about the horrible sky or used a sky replacement.......:sneaky:[/QUOTE]

I did wonder if anyone would click on that, yes the sky was pure white/grey so used Luminar4 sky replacement and then tweeked it a bit in B&W, thank you too Phil.

Nice shot, but then it is b&w :) I think the sky really suits the structure. Very broken!

Both images are great, your sky looks very dramatic adding to the despair. Did you take other images of the moped, was there more to see outside the photo boundaries?

That pier is deffo broken, it should be pulled down and a nice new shiny one built in its place :)
Nothing wrong with the sky though Dave, it give drama to the scene, and the B & W processing adds to the effect nicely.

Wild - great capture of the squirrel I prefer the colour version. We go to Weymouth most years on holiday and there use to be loads of squirrels on the other side of the harbor and they were very tame sadly the last couple of years they have all but disappeared.

Broken - 2 Great images but No 1 takes it for me love the Mono processing and the sky is perfect.

Wild - great capture of the squirrel I prefer the colour version. We go to Weymouth most years on holiday and there use to be loads of squirrels on the other side of the harbor and they were very tame sadly the last couple of years they have all but disappeared.

Broken - 2 Great images but No 1 takes it for me love the Mono processing and the sky is perfect.

Thank you Mark.

Hi Dave,

the B&W pier works best, lovely cloud detail in the sky. I like the tones from black to white and all inbetween. Not sure of the pier going out of the picture on the right side but an excellent Image of an Icon.

Pete

Hi Dave,

the B&W pier works best, lovely cloud detail in the sky. I like the tones from black to white and all inbetween. Not sure of the pier going out of the picture on the right side but an excellent Image of an Icon.

Pete

Thank you Pete, on the right was a cafe so took the shot asis.

Nice shots for broken Dave, the first is my fave :)

Yep, Brighton Pier is definitely broken! Nice image, good tones and a good use of negative space too (plus the tech is there if you needed it!)

Two shots from me for Ability, in my photography I have a very good confidence and Ability to get in close for street photography, the shot of the man on the mobile was taken with the Xpro2 + XF35mm f2 while I was stood at the bus stop as I now use only the back screen for street stuff. Then the second shot was taken with the X-E3 + XF35mm f2 to show the power and Ability of the water in storms, this was about a mile long on Hove promenade today and over a foot deep in some places.

On the Phone by Dave, on Flickr

Storm Damage by Dave, on Flickr

show the power and Ability of the water in storms,
It just goes to show, that all too often we under estimate the power of water / the sea !

2 good captures Dave (y)

Wow, that was quick Dave, two nice images there, I like the first one the best , having said that the second one isn't half bad. Looks like the council will be on ages clearing that shingle away.

Hi Dave,
I really like your first photo, especially the colour cast it adds to the photo. Nice take on ability.
I think our council tax’s are going to rise next year with the amount of work they are having to do to put the beaches back where they belong rather than on our walkways... :) fab couple of photos

Wow what a lot of stones that will have to be moved! It must have spectacular in the recent storms along there.

I’m a coward with street photography and always ending up asking people if I can take their photo... if I’m even brave enough to ask! So, well done on your abilities [emoji4]

Wow, that was quick Dave, two nice images there, I like the first one the best , having said that the second one isn't half bad. Looks like the council will be on ages clearing that shingle away.
Hi Dave,
I really like your first photo, especially the colour cast it adds to the photo. Nice take on ability.
I think our council tax’s are going to rise next year with the amount of work they are having to do to put the beaches back where they belong rather than on our walkways... :) fab couple of photos
Wow what a lot of stones that will have to be moved! It must have spectacular in the recent storms along there.

I’m a coward with street photography and always ending up asking people if I can take their photo... if I’m even brave enough to ask! So, well done on your abilities [emoji4]
2 very good shots and very on theme, I thought it was going to be the ability of old people to use a smart phone.
We didn't get quite that amount of stones at Bognor Regis.

Thank you folks, it will take the council quite a while to clean it all away as must be many tons in the lot.

Nicely done Dave. I like the crop and the concentration showing on his face in the first. A nice bit of processing too. The second is great as it shows just how powerful nature is and that we should respect that. I love shots that show something that occurs infrequently like this.

Back