Fuji Raw - What software do you use and why?

I tried the Fuji version of C1. It worked - once. Then it stopped loading, without me having made any changes (latest top-spec iMac). So out it went.

How odd, I haven't used the C1 Fuji version, but lots of reports from people who are using it around. Too late now, but Phase One technical support is excellent, even when things have turned out to not be C1s fault, they have helped me sort out problems, and have always replied very quickly (except a couple of times my support request seem to vanish, and when I checked the support log to see how long since I had sent it, it wasn't there, a resend was responded to within the hour.)

As an aside, I too have been a LR user since the free version for Raw Shooter users, but have also had C1 for about 10 years now. I still use LR as part of my PS subscription, but only occasionally for Raw Processing as I prefer a C1/PS workflow/quality to a LR/PS workflow/quality.

How odd, I haven't used the C1 Fuji version, but lots of reports from people who are using it around. Too late now, but Phase One technical support is excellent, even when things have turned out to not be C1s fault, they have helped me sort out problems, and have always replied very quickly (except a couple of times my support request seem to vanish, and when I checked the support log to see how long since I had sent it, it wasn't there, a resend was responded to within the hour.)

As an aside, I too have been a LR user since the free version for Raw Shooter users, but have also had C1 for about 10 years now. I still use LR as part of my PS subscription, but only occasionally for Raw Processing as I prefer a C1/PS workflow/quality to a LR/PS workflow/quality.
I’m sure it could have been sorted out, but as a retired senior IT manager I have little patience with technology which doesn’t work; my days of fiddling are long gone with no yearnings to do it again. Plus, if I dig deep into my soul, part of me was glad it didn’t work as I can’t imagine my workflow without LR’s digital asset management.

I’m sure it could have been sorted out, but as a retired senior IT manager I have little patience with technology which doesn’t work; my days of fiddling are long gone with no yearnings to do it again. Plus, if I dig deep into my soul, part of me was glad it didn’t work as I can’t imagine my workflow without LR’s digital asset management.

Fair enough. As an aside, you can use LR for asset management and C1 for raw processing, relatively easily. But unless you have a good reason to use C1, its hard to beat the overall convenience of LR.

Back